Tsai: Taiwan to raise minimum wage and introduce new wage law

Taiwan just keeps getting better and better. Workers rights will be strengthened, minimum wage increased and less burden of proof for employees in a dispute.

4 Likes

Minimum 180 NT$/hour?

I seriously doubt the new minimum wage law would do anything substantial. At best it would make sure that the minimum wage would get an annual raise, but in the end they would all be tiny af raise.

They should just raise it too 200/hr and get it over with.

2 Likes

Sadly - still not enough to raise a family.

2 Likes

Right because minimum wage elsewhere is enough to raise a family :rofl:

4 Likes

It is in Australia.

Lol right.

1 Like

Have you lived their. Or are you just going off what you read on the internet.

1 Like

Have you raised a family in Australia on minimum wage?

1 Like

Wish the situation was good enough you don’t need a minimum wage. It’s only required when employees have no bargaining power.

Have you lol. The minimum wage is 750$ aud a week. Which is about 15,000nt.

That’s good in Taiwan, not in Australia.

4 Likes

A week? That’s 60K a month.
Anyways, if hungry you could go out and shoot a roo!

1 Like

Not enough in Melbourne or Sydney.

1 Like

I agree Taiwan is getting better but I wish it could get better faster.

Go too fast and you start scaring people.

1 Like

Considering how many American conservatives post here, I’m surprised nobody has chimed in yet insisting that a higher minimum wage and stronger workers rights will be the end of Taiwan.

3 Likes

I think it’s probably because most people have a fundamentally incorrect idea of conservatism. Most conservatives are against artificially high minimum wage hikes, not fair minimum wage increases. Conservatives are also not against workers rights.

2 Likes

Most people here should read Thomas Sowell. He has a lot to say on this topic. Everything is a trade off…there is no utopia.

1 Like

I’ll bite. High minimum wages have been a disaster in France. And I don’t define myself as a conservative and am definitely not an American.

2 Likes