TW GF too immature?

I started learning chinese… met a Taiwanese girl became friends now its getting kind of serious… Shes almost 19 (im 22) but she acts immature at times like a kid… kind of sweet with all the knicknames but sometimes her mannerisms freaks me out (not majorly tho’).

Is this immaturity normal? I feel like we know each other well and shes soo into me its scary at times… I just dont want to lead her down the wrong path… Im looking for love but if it doesnt workout between us I fear her immaturity will let her down in coping with the situation (no that im anything special) but you know… im not out to hurt anyone ive got her best interests at heart.

In a nuttshell: shes childish… but there are glimpses of maturity which make me think its all just a front… and she wants to get really serious reaally fast without considering the long term.

This is normal right. Are TW girls worth it or are they just out to bag a westerner?

Ps: She asked me to move to Taiwan with her.

Im such a rookie.
Giz

Does her family own a duck farm, by chance?

All 19 year olds are immature. I had shit for brains until I was 30, and I still have my moments.

Why do you imagine she would want to ‘bag a westerner’? It’s hardly a prestige thing in Taiwan.

True, but it’s also a well-known fact that Taiwanese act 15 years younger than their actual age, so a 30 year-old is roughly comparable to a 15 year-old, and a 19 year-old, yikes. . . :astonished: . . . WHAT ARE YOU THINKING??? :no-no:

[quote=“g1zmo”]I started learning chinese… met a Taiwanese girl became friends now its getting kind of serious… Shes almost 19 (im 22) but she acts immature at times like a kid… kind of sweet with all the knicknames but sometimes her mannerisms freaks me out (not majorly tho’).

Is this immaturity normal?[/quote]
Yes, she’s only 18: immaturity is most certainly normal in any culture for an 18-year-old.

Then consider the fact that she’s from Taiwan, where it’s normal for unmarried 35-year-old women to still live with their parents, sleep with stuffed animals, and love Hello Kitty…

[i]Say your prayers little one
Dont forget, my son
To include everyone

Tuck you in, warm within
Keep you free from sin
Till the sandman he comes

Sleep with one eye open
Gripping your pillow tight

Exit light
Enter night
Take my hand
Off to never never land

Somethings wrong, shut the light
Heavy thoughts tonight
And they arent of snow white

Dreams of war, dreams of liars
Dreams of dragons fire
And of things that will bite

Sleep with one eye open
Gripping your pillow tight

Exit light
Enter night
Take my hand
Off to never never land

Now I lay me down to sleep
Pray the lord my soul to keep
If I die before I wake
Pray the lord my soul to take

Hush little baby, dont say a word
And never mind that noise you heard
Its just the beast under your bed,
In your closet, in your head

Exit light
Enter night
Grain of sand

Exit light
Enter night
Take my hand
Were off to never never land
[/i]

[quote=“elektronisk”]Tuck you in, warm within
Keep you free from sin
Till the sandman he comes
[/quote]

So… as soon as Sandman comes, the kid will not be free of sin any more? :s

Does her family own a duck farm, by chance?[/quote]

Great. Does anyone know how to get spewed Coke Zero off of a keyboard and monitor? :laughing:

Does her family own a duck farm, by chance?[/quote]

Great. Does anyone know how to get spewed Coke Zero off of a keyboard and monitor? :laughing:[/quote]

Vaginal wipes.

My current girlfriend’s 20 and she’s no more or less mature than my 34 and 31 year old ex-girlfriends. I think some of them get stuck at about 18 - 21.

We’ll see how things go with her…

Don’t walk away…run.

g1zmo -
Do a search on " pyscho hsiaogie " or however its spelled.

You only need to read the first 200 or so posts…you’ll get the idea.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]
You only need to read the first 200 or so posts…you’ll get the idea.[/quote]

Rousseau already provided the CliffsNotes version: “run”.

Young, Taiwanese, girl…any of those words on its own is bad enough, but Young + Taiwanese + Girl = A lethal combination.

YUP, you better be prepared to marry her FOR LIFE. :slight_smile::slight_smile:

She’s 18 for Christ’s sake!!!She’s still transitioning mentality form a child to a women. I know you’re young too, but get someone just a tad older and maybe just a tad more woman-like.

1. Don’t move to Taiwan with her.
  2. Don’t get married.
  3. Enjoy the relationship until she starts to nag you daily about things that are out of your control but for which you will be blamed. This means she wants a commitment (ring) from you.

Does her family own a duck farm, by chance?[/quote]Man, did you make my day! That old thread is classic.

To the OP. I’m soon to marry a Taiwanese woman who was 24 when we met. Still, based on the information in your post I would have to agree on the advice telling you to RUN! You do realize that you would be living with her parents? My GF moved away from Taiwan for me and I’m the one asking her to marry me after living together for three years.

as they said, she’s still too young so that may be the reason for her acting a bit immature. that may still change thru time.
but at any circumstances i wouldn’t get commited yet! and wouldn’t move for her, that’s just way too soon. you might do a big mistake. you’re still young, so are supposed to date many people and gather experiences before you find the right one and commit.

Enjoy your friendship and see where it leads if you want excitement and adventure, but beware of being sucked in (if you will pardon the expression) to a whole raft of things that you ultimately might not be too keen on. Just my 2cts.