Twitter Bans Donald Trump

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-08/twitter-permanently-suspends-donald-trump-from-social-network?utm_campaign=pol&utm_medium=bd&utm_source=applenews

Wow. I didn’t think it would get this far.

Now how we gonna dig through his past tweets and point out his hypocrisy?

2 Likes

They did, he put up a tweet from another account it was immediately removed apparently, it was also mentioned on Fox apparently.

2 Likes

Meanwhile…

1 Like

Ouch…

And we have the CCP. Certainly the rules aren’t applied equally.

3 Likes

Understatement of the year.

5 Likes

Looks like they went after a load of people Lin Woods, Sidney Powell, Gen Flynn lot’s of others, Facebook apparently canned Brandon Straka walk away movement from their pages.

Pretty sure Trump or any of the others can still pick up the phone and talk to half a dozen talk show hosts or even dozens more on other stations.

Nancy I hear might be going with a second impeachment on Monday if he doesn’t resign before that.

2 Likes

I keep hearing Trump staged a coup? It’s all over the news.

But like. Wasn’t it just a bunch of idiots who support him that decided to run into the Capitol? (With no real plan apparently?)

What about when those students occupied Taiwan’s legislative yuan? Was that a coup?

I’m so confused and feel like this ban is seriously going to stir things up more . Felt like Trump lost and the country had a slight chance of coming to peace over time. Now I don’t know.

5 Likes

Domestic terrorism laws coming.
Do they want to permanently split the US?
CCP could have a field day funding both sides.

What’s the argument for inciting violence? Trying to figure it out today. The media has helpfully told me that Trump was inciting violence, but I’d like to go deeper. I didn’t notice anything else except the most superficial references possible to support that interpretation from this speech:

The most relevant parts to me seem to be:

Donald Trump: (16:25)
Our media is not free. It’s not fair. It suppresses thought. It suppresses speech, and it’s become the enemy of the people. It’s become the enemy of the people. It’s the biggest problem we have in this country. No third world countries would even attempt to do what we caught them doing and you’ll hear about that in just a few minutes. Republicans are constantly fighting like a boxer with his hands tied behind his back. It’s like a boxer, and we want to be so nice. We want to be so respectful of everybody, including bad people. We’re going to have to fight much harder and Mike Pence is going to have to come through for us. If he doesn’t, that will be a sad day for our country because you’re sworn to uphold our constitution. Now it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. After this, we’re going to walk down and I’ll be there with you. We’re going to walk down. We’re going to walk down any one you want, but I think right here. We’re going walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators, and congressmen and women. We’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.
Donald Trump: (18:16)
We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing and only count the electors who have been lawfully slated, lawfully slated. I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard. Today we will see whether Republicans stand strong for integrity of our elections, but whether or not they stand strong for our country, our country. Our country has been under siege for a long time, far longer than this four-year period. We’ve set it on a much straighter course, a much … I thought four more years. I thought it would be easy. We created-

Donald Trump: (01:12:43)
So we’re going to, we’re going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue, I love Pennsylvania Avenue, and we’re going to the Capitol and we’re going to try and give… The Democrats are hopeless. They’re never voting for anything, not even one vote. But we’re going to try and give our Republicans, the weak ones, because the strong ones don’t need any of our help, we’re going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country.
Donald Trump: (01:13:19)
So let’s walk down Pennsylvania Avenue. I want to thank you all. God bless you and God bless America. Thank you all for being here, this is incredible. Thank you very much. Thank you.

So what am I missing? Thanks for any help.

6 Likes

yes. 4 years already, some of them GOP politicians

2 Likes

GOP politicians stormed the Capitol building with them? Is this why it’s a coup?

I guess for me it is a question of, WTF did he think was going to happen? Didn’t the federal government delay extra security forces as well, and isn’t he in charge of that? At what point are the lies no longer tolerated, if not after 5 people die?

i didn’t say it was a coup, i agreed with you that it was (and has been) a bunch of idiots

like this guy

1 Like

According to Google Translate…

So let’s walk down Pennsylvania Avenue.

In Trump means “Prepare to attack!”

I want to thank you all.

In Trump means “Load your weapons”.

God bless you and God bless America.

In Trump means “May God grant a brutal death to our enemies!”

…this is incredible

In Trump means “Kill those m*therfuckers!”

2 Likes

‘your election is being stolen from you so let’s go help the weak republicans stop it’ seems a fairer interpretation

2 Likes

Well, the “take back our country” rhetoric does raise some questions, but the problem is that politicians from both sides of the aisle have been using it for years.

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article24782779.html

how about the allegations of election fraud combo?

Shouldn’t this be merged with the other thread, where we’ve already been discussing this for 3-4 hrs (or vice versa)?