Two foreigners (Philippine & Canadian) getting married in Taiwan (2018-04)

Sorry, I don’t remember. His case was pretty messed up.
But, I think if your wife has a work contract, she shouldn’t apply for a marriage visa. She should, if she doesn’t yet, have the school apply for a work permit and get a visa, than an ARC, based on that. It is possible for her to enter as your spouse and then get a work permit and change her status later, but that’s not the right way to do it if she’s planning to work and it will delay her starting her job. She can’t work legally if she is here as your dependent.
Short answer: get a visa as a teacher, not spouse.

1 Like

These threads might help some. Nationality of the OP of the threads gave extra bureaucratic snags, but he solved them eventually.

a foreigner on blue collar work based ARC cannot change one’s resident status within Taiwan.

1 Like

Hi Good Evening to you,

I would like to ask some questions since we both have the same situation. My fiance is an American citizen and I’m at Filipina migrant here in Taiwan. I would like to ask,where HHR did you go to get married? Or do you know HHR that accepts both foreigners around Taipei?

Do they give you the requirements needed?

Currently, we are processing my documents and waiting to be send back in Taiwan. For my fiance, we haven’t visited his embassy.

Hope to hear from you soon. thank you so much and congratulations.:heart: