Typhoon 2006

:laughing: Yeah, you’re right of course, but the truth is rarely as much fun as fiction. BTW, the romanizers should be, as usual, drawn and quartered.
珍珠 = chanchu? :loco:[/quote]
Apparently it was named by the Macau authorities. Maybe they have different romanization?

Strongest on record! Bodes well for the rest of the summer doesn’t it! As for HG, stuck there in Honkers having to work, I feel for you! No! Really! Honestly I do! :wink:

Dragonbabe says Tainan has no work and no school tomorrow due to the typhoon. That’s Tainan city only.

Awwwww! Come on!!!

Jiayi is close enough to Tainan. :frowning:

And hell… Kaohsiung will get it as bad or worse than Tainan. Better tell wife to vote for the other guy next time.

Well, the cancellations are just coming in now… just keep an eye on the website I posted; if you’re in the south, check the 南部地區
section; for example, Tainan County just got off too (work and school closed). 台南縣 明天停止辦公、停止上課。

Also out:
Yunlin County (work normal, but classes are off for high school on down). 雲林縣 明天照常辦公、高中及高中以下停止上課。
and
Penghu County (work and school closed) 澎湖縣 明天停止辦公、停止上課。
& Jinmen County (work and school closed) 金門縣 明天停止辦公、停止上課。

Any sites in English to get updates???

Not that I know of, but Dragonbabe and I often try to translate for y’all when the info rolls in.

Not that I know of, but Dragonbabe and I often try to translate for y’all when the info rolls in. [/quote]

You and Deagonbabe are stars, Dragonbones!

Hoping for a work cancellation tomorrow so that I can watch the footie in the wee hours tonight! :smiley:

Sorry, Dragonbones, I seem to be asking you a few questions recently, but what is the official website for taifeng holidays?

Edit: just caught the post above. sorry. stupid of me

No problem. Sorry folks, no other changes so far, and given thejtwc track and rapidly diminishing severity, I really don’t expect any more cancellations. Over and out.

EDIT: The death of a toad:

The weather out the window here in Taoyuan is very similar a typhoon. :s

tis that - the street light just went out.

I am at my office in Kweishan at the moment…the rain was pissing down hard for quite a while but it has died down now.

I am at my office in Kweishan at the moment…the rain was pissing down hard for quite a while but it has died down now.[/quote]

Hasn’t slowed where I’m living.

It just slowed down here now, after some very close and iluminative flashs going down in closer area, which made the car alarms start. Now it’s just quite with the small noise of light rain going down.

This is like a tailgate party before the big game. :slight_smile:

What are the odds? :smiley:

I am at my office in Kweishan at the moment…the rain was pissing down hard for quite a while but it has died down now.[/quote]

Hasn’t slowed where I’m living.[/quote]

water inside a toaster could lead to a very sorry outcome :wink:

[quote=“Dragonbones”]

What are the odds? :smiley:[/quote]

Based on that picture, I would say not so great, but as of the latest forecast at 0600 UTC, it has continued to head further east. Interesting… http://www.cwb.gov.tw/V5e/forecast/typhoon/Data/PTA/2006EWINIAR2006070206_Eng.jpg

I think it will likely head more toward Okinawa than Taiwan, but certainly worth keeping an eye on. :stuck_out_tongue: