Typhoon 2006

I just know that i wanna get my plane to Europe this Wednesday evening, and for all the rest… i do not give a f*** :raspberry: for the first time… (as I always care when another typhoon is coming to Taiwan to plan my day-off) :sunglasses:

It is heading for japan, We ARE SAVED!!! Praise the lord Halelujah!! :notworthy:

You’re going? I’m in the works on planning a party for July 21 … in Taipei … Belgian National day …

Might be back in time :slight_smile: Friet met stoofvlees in den Piedboeuf bruin bier gemaakt zowaar?
(sorry guys, secret coded message )

Might be back in time :slight_smile: Friet met stoofvlees in den Piedboeuf bruin bier gemaakt zowaar?
(sorry guys, secret coded message )[/quote]

Not that secret. It clearly says “Fried meat souflees in brown foot-beef beer to make war?”

Ahem.

Ewiniar is now a super typhoon, but it looks set to miss us here in Taiwan; however, our sailing buddy leaving from Miyazaki, Japan is right in the cross-hairs.

He won’t be making sail if he’s got any sense. Stay safe out there mate. Don’t take any chances!

He’s not setting sail until after the storm passes; the only question is how rough the seas will be in its wake. Don’t worry, he’s going to be checking the maritime conditions closely before putting out.

Looks like this one is going to miss. Might affect Taipei and the west coast though.

I wonder if this one will hit us?

Welcome to typhoon season 2006 everyone.

You mean this one?

Enter music from “Jaws” here

When will typhoons learn that they have to come in the week…NOT on the weekend!!!

If only we could get typhoons to diplomatically recognize China, they could never come here.

Great idea, but just make sure they route their way in via HK.

HG

Oh no, there goes the first Hohaiyan weekend. :frowning:

Good news. With the new ‘shrinking pics’ feature of 'mosa’s new software, we can now hotlink the typhoon pics instead of continually posting updated snapshots (which is a lot of work). This means that the pic Lo Bo To kindly posted above will keep refreshing so as to be current. Note that yesterday the track was in line with Taipei, and today it is further south. :sunglasses: Sorry 'bout that, y’all down there in Gaoxiong!

EDIT: Oops, spoke too soon. Lots of wiggle room left, folks.

ok dragonbones… i’m awaiting your indepth analysis of this Bilis fella that’s coming our way… looks as though it’s going to tear apart taizhong… in your educated opinion, should i not expect a day off on Friday here in Taipei?

Am I the only one who can’t see LoBoTo’s graphics?

Category 1 “Bilis” to make landfall near 23.8 N, 122.3 E at about 00:00 GMT July 14.
Expected to bring 1-minute maximum sustained winds to the region of around
129 km/h (80 mph)… doesn’t sound too bad so far, knock on wood.

tsr.mssl.ucl.ac.uk/

Nope… I can’t see it either. :frowning: :ponder: