Typhoon 2007

Thanks!

Be careful what you wish for…

Be careful what you wish for…

[/quote]

No shit!

I used to wish for a typhoon day off too, when I lived in my apartment on the tenth floor of a building in the middle of Kaohsiung. Then I moved out to the country with mountains and rivers surrounding me and saw first hand what typhoons do and was never so glad to be able to go to work.

Man-Yi

This is predicted to become a typhoon (Typhoon Manyi). Still early, though. Here is the link and pic:

forecast.mssl.ucl.ac.uk/shadow/

Oh yeah baby!

Roll out the welcome mats

I’ll be happy if we get another year like last year. 2005 was a nightmare.

I am all for a typhoon party but NOT on the day I’m supposed to leave Taiwan! CNN said maybe by Thursday??? Anyone hear different, have an educated typhoon tracking guess??

guess I’m going to have my first typhoon living in the east coast… hurray…

Where did the picture go?

Why don’t they take out that big lump to the south west of Taiwan so those phoons can skittle straight through to HK?

HG

They promised it to be a big one …

Storm coming?

Next day or two should tell.

I’ve only been in Taiwan since 2003, but is it normal to get to August without any typhoons? Since I’ve been here, there’s always been a couple of typhoons earlier than there has been this year.

Would you mind telling me which website this is from? I usually just check the CWB site, but this looks better.

not normal but you never know. it seems to me the trend the last few years has been the big right turn north. unless i’m wrong the phillipines have seen less hits than usual as well. anyway we’ve gotten enough rain this year

Would you mind telling me which website this is from? I usually just check the CWB site, but this looks better.[/quote]

It’s from http://forecast.mssl.ucl.ac.uk/shadow/; I switched over to this because the JTWC became unreliable.

Bulls Eye over Taipei? (though it looks premature to state this still has time to become a signific Typhoon)

Looks like a direct hit from a category 1 – but these things often turn or peter out at the last minute. :idunno: