Typhoon 2007

Yep, nothing to worry about.
Most of us can still peeing a straight line with winds of 65Km/h.

A storm in a glass of water :slight_smile:

TSR has it at a Cat 2 now.

Folks, TSR (see link in Dragonbone’s post) has the real deal on the storms, and a vast repository of data on other storm related things. Far better than the CWB here, and more reliable access than the American military sites.

Definitely looks to be a direct hit.

I’ll have to weather proof my balcony. The other day the drain plug was blocked (by the washer drain) and so much rain blew in, it actually rose high enough to overflow the door jam and start flooding my apartment.

Solid advise. I once had a roof-top flat full to six inches deep of water within three hours of a particularly heavy downpour. I’d just lain down as the first drops fell and smirked at the thought I didn’t have to be out in it. Three hours later I woke up to a cardboard box floating past my mattress on the floor, which had itself become a sodden water bed. The problem was my flatmate’s cat and her shockingly bad hygiene. All the friggin’ drains were filled with cat shit and kitty litter.

HG

The Convict wrote: [quote]Three hours later I woke up to a cardboard box floating past my mattress on the floor, which had itself become a sodden water bed.[/quote]

Not the first time you’ve had a wet mattress I’m sure. :laughing:

Actually, I’ve always pissed in other people’s beds.

HG

… and their pockets, I am sure.

OK, back down to a cat 1, directly over Hualien, which is still forecasts of 120-150 km/h 1 minute sustained winds. Buckle up, the landfall is 36 hours hence.

Ok, many hours to go before the typhoon hits, but only 30 minutes before I hit the road for work, and it feels like it’s already here. It just got nasty! bah! :raspberry:

Come on baby! (Disclaimer: no loss of life or damage to property wished for, except my neighbour’s cat that pisses on my stairs and that guy down the road with the defective car alarm). A day off from the funhouse! Please, weather gods? Please? Wednesday would be best, but if you, in your infinite wisdom have to leave off until Thursday, I wouldn’t be too disappointed…

Would you mind telling me which website this is from? I usually just check the CWB site, but this looks better.[/quote]

It’s from http://forecast.mssl.ucl.ac.uk/shadow/; I switched over to this because the JTWC became unreliable.[/quote]

Heres another, on my bookmarks. It has some groovy pictures and slide shows too. cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/tropic/tropic.html

I second that emotion!

It is here. Don’t necessarily need to be under the eye to feel the effects of it…the edges also contain rain and wind… possibly more than the center.

Almost looks like another one forming in the Philippines…or at least alot of rain.

Pabuk seems not to hit Taipei though, anoteher new one is foreseen for Friday following yesterday evening news.

woo hoo… we might actually feel this one in Taichung… we always miss out on the good typhoon action here, damn sheltered mountain basin… then again it’s just a tropical storm isn’t it… not too exciting…

May not be directly hitting Taipei but it’s definately hitting Taiwan and most areas are going to at least get rain. Maybe you need to change your news channel.

Time to run out and stock up on instant noodles! Looks like this typhoon just increased it’s RPM. Take a look at this swirl formation! :noway:

I just found this site where they claim to project the path and mitigate risks regarding military infrastructures.
They even state that 8.3 MM people will be affected due to Pabuk? Sounds more like fortune tellers

gdacs.org/reports.asp?eventT … &location=

All the news stations and most websites are reporting this thing wont be bigger than a category 1. But Dragonbones has a chart that shows it at about a 4 when it will be at its closest to Taipei. What gives?

1 or 4?

A lot of co-workers are downplaying this typhoon and writing it off as a tropical storm. They predict no day off for work or school.

I don’t care. All I know is that I’m off out with the dog in my absolute favourite Taiwan weather. Tres magnifique.