Typhoon Mindulle

This Typhoon is following a track that could cause us all a lot of headaches…

metoc.npmoc.navy.mil/jtwc/warnings/wp1004sa.gif

If this course is accurate it means that virtually all of western Taiwan will be under the infuence of 100mph plus winds by Friday at the latest…

If you haven’t been through the direct hit/no central mountain range protection type Typhoon, you need to get ready. Winds this strong will pull down signs, lay waste to your scooter, and knock out power for days on end.

Don’t want to sound like chicken little, but this bears watching…

Stay safe…

Sending out a prayer to all our Lotus Hill friends… in your future island resort! :smiley:

I am going outside to do my “Happy Typhoon Dance” in the hopes that it will align the winds and let that sucker hit Kaohsiung head on…I could really use a day off. :uhhuh:

What are the chances that a flight from CKS will get out on Monday morning, do you think?

Typhoons kill people… how many days off work is a person’s life worth?

Typhoons kill people… how many days off work is a person’s life worth?[/quote]

Typhoons also bring water…are you prepared to spend the summer sand bathing if no typhoons land?

Eat a prune and unpucker it. Typhoons are not bad or evil.

Just trying to make the point that Typhoons bring destruction also and not just a day off

[quote=“Durins Bane”]I am going outside to do my “Happy Typhoon Dance” in the hopes that it will align the winds and let that sucker hit Kaohsiung (Gaoxiong) head on…I could really use a day off. :uhhuh:[/quote]A day off on my birthday ? That ain’t gonna happen.
Although you could get one off and I don’t, that would be typical.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”][quote=“Durins Bane”]I am going outside to do my “Happy Typhoon Dance” in the hopes that it will align the winds and let that sucker hit Kaohsiung (Gaoxiong) (Gaoxiong) head on…I could really use a day off. :uhhuh:[/quote]A day off on my birthday ? That ain’t gonna happen.
Although you could get one off and I don’t, that would be typical.[/quote]

Then I’ll shake my thing just a bit harder so you can have a day off also.

I think the typhoon will come no matter if db does his dance or not so we might as well have a day off. Big Fluffy might be old enough to buy beer now. Time to party.

WHAT ABOUT MY FLIGHT??? :fume:

The satellite images on the news make it look like a bloody big one; has been a really big one in about five or six years when the buildings were sliding down the hills in Hsintien! Might be wise to follow this one and take the appropriate precautions (food, water, etc. for at least a couple days).

FYI,
CK

There will be other flights.

Typhoons kill people… how many days off work is a person’s life worth?[/quote]

Generally, the people killed by typhoons are idiots who decide to go surfing in the ocean or hiking in the wilderness when the typhoon hits. Darwinism at work.

Good god, your request wasnt answered in under a minute and you go nuts with the aggressive emoticons… eek.

I’ve been following this one since it’s inception, and they’ve changed the projected forcast at least five times…

It’s the fact that both the CWB and the US Navy agree on the west coast track that worries me…

And for Durinsbane: I think you have nothing to worry about, they eye is supposed to go right over the top of you…Enjoy your holiday!

Ironlady: Should be no problem for a Monday flight, unless of course the Typhoon does a Nari and comes back again…

Take care everyone, this could get nasty.

In my small experience, your flight will take off unless the CKS area sustains a direct hit and in the end it will depend on the individual pilot’s assessment of safe conditions. I have never forgotten the experience of being booked on a flight back to Sydney from Hong Kong. The Typhoon 8 signal is raised = everything closes, everyone goes home, no taxis, or at least the wait is indefinite and the dispatchers indifferent. The planes were still taking off as usual, though :unamused: To be fair, the weather wasn’t actually that bad - I think the signal raising was just to be on the safe side because of the unpredictability of typhoons.

“individual pilots assessment of safety conditions” ??? :astonished: …if you’re flying China Air find out who the pilot is. if he’s ex-taiwan air force DO NOT FLY…we all remember the horrific crash over taoyuan when some bright spark decided to let the co-pilot have a crack at landing during a typhoon…

Too right, Bear! Some real wannabe-topgun cowboys in that lot! :astonished: My wife lost a few friends and colleagues on that flight. :fume:

CK

It’s huge.

How’s the situation now (in the south)?