Typhoons 2019?

Bloody Northerners can keep it, i have to work Typhoon day or not :disappointed_relieved:

And a Friday …oh dear :banana:

3 Likes

@Hanna house right now :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Just got back from PX Mart, and fuck me it was like the roof of the US embassy in 1975 Saigon. :eek:

No baskets, three pusher cart things (nearly lost an arm but I got one), six or more waiting in every checkout line, a crate of white bread placed haphazardly on the floor next to the bread aisle, approximately two packages of eggs left, produce section wiped out, kids run amok in the sugar aisles, I think I saw some people cooking up a fallen amah in the back.

Christ, made WalMart on Black Friday seem like a morning stroll in Barrow.

6 Likes

People are stocking up for this typhoon ?___?

I had plans for tomorrow. This actually ruins all of next week for me. My own fault tarrying.

They are in Hsinchu City. Like, crazed.

Glad I booked my movie tickets for tomorrow…

Insane in Taipei as well. The guy in front of me was buying TWO containers of instant noodles.

2 Likes

It’s kind of like a ritual no matter the typhoon size. Government gives a day off = stock up for the apocalypse.

3 Likes

There was a queue through the store at Jason’s in Ximen.

And most of the stuff they are buying us junk food. It’s the one chance they can get a free pass from amah.

Amah: why are you eating that crap? We have food here.

Every Taiwanese: Typhoon!

Amah: Ah, okay.

6 Likes

So, @IbisWtf, is it happening?

Flight from AMS to TPE Cancelled. Need to wait one day longer seeing my fam. back :frowning: And then this Earthquake day before… mannnnn… we are winning the jackpot these day’s.

If you have low standards: yes

If, like me, you think that anything below category 5 is child’s play: no

tenor%20(3)

2 Likes

you’ve kept such a youthful, glowing appearance.
you use SKII or something?

ahh i wondered why the guy in front of me in quan lian earlier had like 20 packets of crackers.

I’d be lying if I said I knew what it is…

It may be the same in Yilan right now, they gave us holiday as well. Now I feel like i’m missing all the fun in carrefour, feelsbadman.

Do people not keep more than three days worth of food in their house? I could live for a week just on what’s in the freezer.