Typhoons 2019?

Anywhere within ROC territory.

Then you’re doomed.

Or maybe that would have been my reply regardless of your answer…who knows? Climate changes, replies change…
Butterfly effect, yo.

What’s the estimated path? is it supposed to pass by Taiwan? by north… or south? how about offshore islands like green island and orchid island?

I think it’s just supposed to dissipate before it hits anything.

Now down to tropical depression.

The long wait for the real typhoons season begins.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/floaters/90W/imagery/vis0-lalo.gif

ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL
SATELLITE IMAGERY AND A 021744Z SSMIS MICROWAVE IMAGE SHOW A RAPIDLY
CONSOLIDATING LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION BELOW FLARING, VERTICALLY
STACKED CONVECTION.

THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS UPGRADED TO MEDIUM.

And now our watch begins.

Is it happening…?

According to some models, developed by world-class-experts and calculated by the most sophisticated machines, there’s a chance this invest may develop in a strong tropical storm/small typhoon and head in our direction.
According to me, a random dude on the internet, who just had a look at current air and water temperatures as well as the forecast for the coming days, there’s no chance it’s going to happen.

Time vill tell. Sooner or later…time vill tell.

THE AREA OF CONVECTION (INVEST 92W) PREVIOUSLY LOCATED
NEAR 9.1N 153.7E, HAS DISSIPATED ND IS NO LONGER SUSPECT FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

images%20(2)

Random internet dude 1 - world class experts 0

1 Like

shitspinning

SHIT BE SPINNING, YO

Gfs tends to be overdramatic, but this time they’re not developing 94W into anything serious.
Ecmwf usually errs on the side of caution, but it’s developing it as a tropical thingy. I’ll keep an eye it, but with another Meiyu front coming down to Taiwan in the coming days it’s not likely that 94W will come our way.

No need to unleash Doom Paul yet.

It’s not happening…? :disappointed:

Unfortunately not…

And I don’t like to be the bearer of bad news, but it seems like this year’s typhoon action may be below average. El Nino + late Meiyu = potentially fewer happening

download

Feels bad, man

1 Like

That picture should show bright sunshine

0324fff1f8cd8ef267b55f3931b0e274

I should add tears, but I’m on the phone… Feelsbadman.

1 Like

rHE6nRK

no time to celebrate yet…

Looks like it’s just gonna stroll on by.

Let’s see what happens this weekend after the alleged cold/wet front from Japan. Some models show a typhoon landing in Okinawa, other models don’t even develop it into a tropical storm. Ah, the joys of meteorology.

Doe sanyone have any link to the predictions for typhoons this year? I haven´t seen anything, not even typhoon grass.