Typhoons 2019?

I’m about to find out. But for sure its not illegal to open, just to force workers to work.

1 Like

No restaurants are open on Uber Eats or Food Panda, so I wasn’t sure if those companies closed or if all the restaurants are closed or both. It just seems odd that everyone would close when the whether has been akin to a mild thunderstorm without the thunder.

It’s a normal day most places where I am in Taipei. I’ve been out all day.

Several buxibans make up the time so the parents get what they pay for. Luckily, I’m off today anyway.

Non-event… really strange closing even in an election year. Feel bad for business owners, but happy I got my movie tickets.

Just so we’re clear. Wumaos are never pretty.

Ok bad joke.

looks pretty shit outside.

I can’t say I feel sorry for any business owners here in Taiwan as many are paying such low wages to the locals as it is while simultaneously forcing unpaid overtime. Let the plebs have a day off. I won’t be crying over a laoban losing some nts.

Also considering its becoming a rare event these days

6 Likes

Many companies use employees annual leave or dock pay for typhoon days so “the plebs” are not gaining anything.

1 Like

Where on Earth are you getting this from? No they don’t.

Yes they do. The government announcements on no work are advisories for private companies, they don’t have to follow them.

Illegal
Plebs in Taiwan need to grow a pair and start reporting their bosses

1 Like

Under what law?

Docking salaried employees pay? In what world is that legal

2 Likes

I’m calling BS on this one.
They are not obligated to pay you if you are working on an hourly wage. But they are not allowed to force you to use personal leave or deduct from attendance bonuses, or deduct from salared work, etc.

If you aren’t getting paid, then you have a shit boss and I’d look for greener pastures.

1 Like

Yeah, I should have mentioned that I’m near that area. We have trees on three sides of us and it appears calm for up to 15 minutes in a stretch though the gusts are intense when they do happen.

1 Like

I’m near there too. In fact a second ago torrential rain and heavy wind started up again

Since 3pm yesterday, rain forecasts had already gone over the limit. Rain mostly poured last night. Remember last time we complained about having to go to work in shitty weather? Well, the rain threshold had not been surpassed.

The department stores in Taipei are recalling their employees…and people are not happy. Your fun at others expense.

Please make it home early as the forecast insists on heavy rain/wind later on.

You obviously have not seen my girlfriend’s face :wink:

Private companies don’t have to follow the government announcements. The company is open, if employees choose not to turn up then they either use their personal leave or dock pay.

Drag up an old thread, Salary deduction due to the typhoon holiday?

Old news, don’t know what the result wa, https://taiwantoday.tw/news.php?unit=10,23,45,10&post=15372

More up to date news, http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2018/07/11/2003696482

1 Like