Typhoons 2019?

I think our question mark may have given affront.

2 Likes

As long as it’s not… a storm front.

cough

… I’ll see my own way out.

3 Likes

don’t walk, run.

1 Like

Takeshi’s tree is well protected. They add extra poles to hold it when a typhoon hits. As long as it stands, we are fine.

Takeshi’s tree!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JnycekV9bw

Guy

1 Like

Definitely coming in this general direction, though it’s too early to know if it will come straight here or turn in direction of Pinoyland.

You cannot tell me the area is beautiful and the tree is a tourist attraction.

FB_IMG_1467769668119

FB_IMG_1462038650968

All because of him!
IMG_20160320_011428

5 Likes

Models are currently all messed up, they can’t determine anything due to the effects of the typhoon that has been moving around Japan.
Considering how much the temperatures have dropped during the last few days, I’d be surprised to see 95W develop into a strong typhoon and head in our direction, it should be more interested in Pinoyland (but I can only base this on current and forecast land+sea temperatures, because any forecast regarding air circulation is borderline random at the moment).

They were saying something in the news about the waters being really warm but something regarding the winds, so yeah, hope the typhoon slows down.

I was actually cold last night. What up wid that?

wGbamgA

Looking neat, but so huge and slow I find it hard to consider any forecast to be reliable.

I’m not sure what will happen either, but i do know there’ll be some epic east coast surfing this long weekend!

in Okinawa, that is. you guys might be lucky at Daxi as well.

That is looking very likely, even if it doesn’t grow into a proper typhoon it should still gift us with some seaside fun this weekend!
Is it time to go to Daxi and watch girls in bikini capsize on their surfing boards in embarrassing positions? The box says yes.

Sure it’s not the loins saying yes?:face_with_monocle:

That’s outside my purview…

I’m waxing up the board for sure.

Dusting off the long zoom and all…

Would a 01:55 flight out of touyuen on Friday be at risk of cancellation you weather predictors ?

Nah, this system is still really far and it’s moving really slow. I doubt it will cause any issues with flight anytime soon. Worth keeping an eye on it next week.

1 Like

Thanks, science!

tsr doesn’t even have it listed yet
http://www.tropicalstormrisk.com/