Typhoons 2019?

It’s not a tropical storm yet. The JTWC is paying attention though

meh

Due to recent events (or lack of) I’d suggest @IbisWtf to prepare a new set of memes, but instead of “it’s happening” theme, use “it’s meh-ing”…

1 Like

Doom Paul memes were so great for our typhoon seasons… but now literally nothing happens literally every year. It was obviously climate change that ruined the fun.

For meh/disappointment reaction I could go back to good old pepe, but I still hope that climate change could bring back the typhoons we were used to get before climate change happened.

2 Likes

No need to go to the beach, hop on a public bus and don’t hold on, the best way to learn balancing.:crazy_face:

1 Like

My weather app says Taipei high 31 , feels like 38 :joy:

Just another suburban family morning
Grandmother screaming at the wall
We have to shout above the din of our rice crispies
Does it feel like 38 after all?

[with apologies to the Police]

: D

Guy

Just wait a bit longer, folks. Your quest may soon be at an end.

1 Like

Some windy/wet weather is coming (slightly) our way. Not even close to a typhoon, so don’t get all excited.

Too late!

Yup, too late.

I’m afraid it will be more like this:

1 Like

Tapah has become a typhoon, yay! We’re currently enjoying his spinny, wet ass as he heads North.

Loving the temp in Taipei this morning, 21 degrees. Adios summer!

6 Likes

And thanks to the wind, Taichung’s air is almost breathable!

Well, I can’t breathe here in Okinawa. the air is moving sideways too fast and won’t go into my nostrils.

3 Likes

Meanwhile in the other side of the world:

3 cat and one dog night yesterday. Long sleeves, 2 cat and one dog tonight.

Invest 91W is showing some potential, but conditions aren’t ideal. We’ve had some strong typhoons in September in the past, but this year due to global warming we’re having a cooler month so the development of a strong typhoon is dubious at best.