Typhoons 2020

1 Like

Turn your mouth to the side, dude .

I am just surprise that in a such patriarchal culture they would have a female god

1 Like

Maybe they were a bit tired of all those copy/paste giant statues of “OLD GUY WITH LONG BEARD AND MUSTACHE” and decided to try something different?

Semi-OT but spinning-related: next week may be really rough for Bangladesh and Myanmar. I mean, rougher than usual.

Trying to unpack that statement but having serious trouble. What theistic, non-patriarchal culture are we comparing Chinese/Taiwanese culture to? And is there a polytheistic society that doesn’t have female gods?

1 Like

Make sure to edit the metadata though.

This could end up with it own thread but there are lots of female gods.
Pick your way through the Wiki page, a god for every occasion and this misses out a lot of the local gods.

Typhoon #AmboPH makes landfall over this town - San Policarpio, Eastern Samar - at 12:15 PM on Thursday, May 14, It is the first typhoon to hit the Philippines in 2020 and amid the COVID-19 pandemic. pic.twitter.com/rLT5vf6Sp3

— fyt (@fyt_ph) May 14, 2020

Made landfall in Pinoyland.

That’s because it’s kiln baked horseshit.
Anyone who thinks this is a patriarchal culture has obviously spent approximately no time around an extended Taiwan family in their natural habitat.

5 Likes

Makes me think of my wife’s grandma. When she got mad EVERYBODY paid attention. When her grandpa got mad it was like “Oh, he’s drunk again.”

8 Likes

Wait a minute…are you my grandson-in-law??? :eek:

3 Likes

As my grandma used to say, “Your grandad wears the pants, but it’s me who chooses them for him”.

4 Likes

Pinoyland.

3 Likes

Shiesh, which part?

Looks like Catubig on Samar

Wow, i thought Yilan had changed, but not that much.

1 Like

… and this one’s going to be big problems for Bangladesh.

Super Cyclonic Storm AMPHAN: Modelled wind field at 48 hours lead
(i.e., forecast for Wednesday May 20 2020)

1 Like

Seeing this photo on Sunday can’t contain the feeling of sadness they already suffer due to convid and now soaking with mud…

2 Likes

Big rain outside

Good thing it’s outside!

2 Likes

The expected inundation figures for the storm headed to Bangladesh are pretty insane.

1 Like