Typhoons 2021

Yes. Pleasantly warm. The calm before the storm.

1 Like

Seeing videos on Line groups. Already flooding in places including Wanfan and Xindian
@Icon are you okay?

Raining cats and dogs in Taipei right now. I have to assume this will put the reservoir at over 100% capacity.

Yes, I expect it to start raining later this afternoon or evening when the storm arrives.

I only saw water coming down. :wink:

2 Likes

8 Likes

Yes, this! Well, don’t know if it’s plum rains, but whatever’s causing the heavy rain right now isn’t the typhoon. The blob on the lower left is the typhoon. Note the big big gap between that and Taipei.

Darn it, y’all off-topic! Not (yet) a typhoon.

Screen Shot 2021-06-04 at 4.14.19 PM

its a typhoon. And if it’s not it’ll do until the real thing comes along.

(Name the movie)

2 Likes

Hey, your internet is broken. You’re not here. Go away, voice in my head that sounds like @the_bear. You should be enjoying this not-a-typhoon rain.

1 Like

It’s that mini typhoon on the map, north east Taiwan.

It’s typhoon shaped and that’s proof enough for me.

4 Likes

I don’t know the movie, but the song is great!

FYI, here in Hengchun it’s starting to drizzle.

2 Likes

Not hit Pingtung city yet but can see some big dark clouds moving in over the mountains.
Hopefully will water my plants and save me a job. :grinning:

I see water falling from the sky in your near future.

3 Likes

Over 200mm in one day, all concentrated in the southern portion of Taipei city.

2 Likes

It needs a good wash :soap:

Icon and kids are fine, thank you for asking. But the area where I was hoping to move, the gorgeous Huazheng, up in the hills of Xindian, is flooded to the point they were showing someone whose windows are truly hermetic: he looked like a fish in a fishbowl, the water outside reaching over his height.

A train was stuck in Yingge. Flooding all over Taipei. We better have enough water in teh reservoirs, OK? Sigh.

2 Likes

Mayor Ko says the system is able to cope with 93 mm, but they got over 200 mm in less than an hour.

1 Like

It’s actually a combination of both.