Typhoons 2021

3 Likes

@IbisWtf abandoned us and left this Island a barren, typhoon-less wasteland with it’s inhabitants cursed to never enjoy a typhoon holiday again

2 Likes

I wanted my first typhoon 🥲 maybe next time

Dry and sunny all day in Taitung; still dry now.

I should move there now. How does one make a living?

As my friend said. “More of a phart than a phoon.”

2 Likes

Thank god for that!

According to WRA data, Feitsui Reservoir in New Taipei benefited the most from the downpour, with its water level increasing from 69 percent to 75.02 percent of capacity from midnight Thursday to 9 p.m. Friday.

Shihmen Reservoir in Taoyuan also saw an increase in water volume of about 2.28 million cubic meters, boosting its reserves to a still anemic 19.21 percent, up from 17.26 percent at midnight, while Xinshan Reservoir in Keelung saw its reserves rise to 87.47 percent of capacity, according to WRA data.

In central Taiwan, Sun Moon Lake Reservoir and Wushe Reservoir were the only ones that saw increases in supply, Wang said, while those in the south got no boost at all.

As of Friday, WRA data showed water levels of 7.54 percent of capacity at Techi Reservoir in Taichung, 10.54 of capacity at Yongheshan Reservoir in Miaoli, 8.52 percent of capacity at Agongdian Reservoir in Kaohsiung, and 4.73 percent of capacity at Tsengwen Reservoir in Tainan, the country’s largest reservoir.

1 Like

All streams and rivers in south and east NTC flow out through Tamsui. Even water from Shimen goes that way. There is a thing that’s called watershed, it’s the mountains north and east of TC and NTC.

1 Like

Just a reminder that tropical storms can be as devastating as typhoons, even worse as they tend to linger more.

1 Like

Even tropical depressions can bring massive amounts of rain.

pouring in KHH now

3 Likes

Poorly.

3 Likes

I was woken up several times last night from sudden strong downpours. And since waking this morning it’s been a rather constant rain with some heavy and some light.

Could be one on the way. At least some more rain.

1 Like

Maybe we will not need it, so far we had heavy rains with a late start.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind it. Just gives you more reason to stay home.

I hate to see the sun come out in the past few weekends.

1 Like

1 Like

Thank you Tando, now I know who’s going to smell it.

Storm east of Taiwan, looks like will go north not to Taiwan though. With all the rain so far we do need a break though.

1 Like