Typhoons 2021

I think sun moon lake, even though it’s close to Taichung,
is not the water supply for Taichung but for miaoli area. Also it is quite a lot less volume compared to techi. So techi needs to be at 80 percent or more at the end of the rainy season for Taichung not to run out of water.

That’s the important one…

Should be south of Kaohsiung around sunrise tomorrow.

Still a TD, Winds 18m/s gusting to 25m/s (65km/h to 90km/h) - more a rain show rather than wind.

1 Like

And Hsinchu as well.

Lake Sun Moon is not in Miaoli, but up river from Taichung in Nantou area. As mentioned Hsinchu is good shape so most major cities are good for the year, and now maybe the problem is leave some space for flood control as it is the middle of the rainy season for the South-Central area (North gets more rain in Northern winter)

1 Like

Yes, 100% full for all is not good when rainy season is around. Sydney had a wet summer, and dams got up into the 90%+, and then a wet few days in Autumn and they all hit 100% and more in a few days, resulting in a huge flood downstream.

1 Like

Very big winds out there right now

My basil plants migrated across the balcony last night, and some stems snapped.

Guess I’d better make pesto this morning.

8 Likes

Hopefully near enough to bring a bit of rain?

Why do we need more rain? The drought is long over and the reservoirs are now full, right? If the situation is still not optimal, please correct me.

Taichung still needs rain because it seems most the rain is hitting the north and the south, but not central.

But I don’t know. Water is unbelievably cheap in Taiwan. That means nobody has any reason to save it.

2 Likes

Kaohsiung certainly seems to be over it, seen a truck out spraying water in the streets of the industrial park every afternoon to keep the dust down, including the afternoon it was raining…

Maybe where you are. But many areas are baking in high uv and sunbaked high 30s everyday. Its better for sure! But its still not ok. And the root of the problem remains unsolved…

I have been working in 34 to 38 degree blue skies all day for a couple weeks now. Im so burnt my nose tip has gone from purple to brown and peeling, even before the regular sunburn skin peeling has started.

1 Like

You should put a bucket on your head. A big zinc one

The root is global warming, isn’t it? This will probably be our new normal going forward.

The earth is falling into the sun. Too many tall buildings so we’re scrubbing off speed and therefore our orbit is collapsing. About 20 m per year. But there’s a lockdown of information about it, and YouTube and tiktok and even Wikipedia and Twitter have demonitized all videos about it so it’s being covered up

1 Like

Stupid Earth, that’s the wrong kind of well.

Stupid humans is more like it.

Guy

Or these elephants got some fever.

Dude…! you could lose your nose. Zincoxide mean nothing gets through.
spf over 30 is pretty much academic.

1 Like

Laughs in redhead.