Typhoons 2023

Surprised they didn’t throw chili peppers in that list as well.

1 Like

I’ve told my wife multiple times there’s no scientific basis for this cold-cells crap. But I’ve decided just to let it go as there’s no reasoning when it comes to this. But so-called doctors or scientists giving public guidelines should at least know better… wtf.

2 Likes

No need to go to the coast.

3 Likes

Are these AI generated images through bing? Because if so, they really shouldn’t be in this thread in regard to actual natural disasters? Shouldn’t they be posted in the AI forums?

Taipei Times with an English article. They say the girl is 13 years old but I assume that’s a typo since everyone else is reporting 12yrs. old.

Police said Chang would be indicted on suspicion of violating Article 241 of the Criminal Code, which stipulates offenses related to the abduction of a minor for the purpose of committing act.

sexual act./30/2003800690?fbclid=IwAR2l1HvcTpnG4ZqsjN5OwrLlocob50xNCei6kuv-wogwoajLFNWeJ0Y8CJI

Could be that traditional way to count years, adding the 10 months in the womb, so adding one year to your age.

This case reminds me of the one in Xindian in which underage girls were also involved and died tragically by taking drugs with a stranger they met on a special website. One wonders if it is the same website…

1 Like

Back to the typhoon: first flights cancelled, beaches closed in the East coast. Basically, bracing ourselves. TV news forecast a rain bomb in the next hours.

1 Like

for what?
It will be some rain, but thats it.

not even that close

7 Likes

Priorities? We’re in the midst of a fourth wave of Covid.

3 Likes

Current rainfall prediction for Taipei seems fairly manageable (source):

My only complaint is that I was going to head to the tax office tomorrow afternoon. Maybe I’ll file late again this year.

2 Likes

A bit exaggerated maybe?

1 Like

Damn, why tomorrow… I would enjoy a cloudy day…

Wasn’t that thing heading Japan???

It still is.

4 Likes

If you play the video at Windy, you’ll see it parks off the coast for a bit, perhaps bouncing against whatever kind of forcefield we’ve set up there, before veering off on its errand of keeping @urodacus away from boats.

3 Likes

Well deserved.

Those were both on my to-do list for tomorrow as well (intending to go to the tax office, and deciding to file late instead).

2 Likes

Just the facts, ma’am. I’m quoting the news. They hype it up hopefully to keep people safely out of harm’s way, like a falling rock.

We haven’t had a real solid typhoon in a while. I wonder if the structures like drains and other SOP can handle the rains of yore…again.

A coworker was complaining that, a few days ago, when it rained almost typhoony, he lost his home internet. Probably the Chunghwa telecom box flooded. It happens to us here in the hood. No biggie but still annoying. That’s the kind of thing that happens when you’re out of shape/forget SOP.

Last news: only Orchid and Green Islands taking the day off tomorrow.

Heat wave over 36 expected tomorrow down South. The rest will allegedly have cloudy weather and rain and not so hot.

Hope it is not the inside of a rice cooker kind of hot up North.

2 Likes