Typhoons 2025

Did you accidentally reply to me?

I just hit reply at the bottom of the screen. The format seems to have changed. I wasn’t relying to any one person on particular, just to the theme of the conversation in general :slight_smile:

I have no issues with being a bit of a social media dinosaur. if something replied to you or not. I am not sure, don’t care too much, and send an apology your way haha :hugs: but on my screen it shows zero reply to you, just for clarity :slight_smile:

Back to the point:

…

2 dead. The person they were trying to rescue and one firefighter. The other unresponsive rescuers were resuscitated.

We just had the mother of all rumbling thunder here. You’d think it was some kind of explosion. Now rain has started falling heavily.

From the news: There is a lot of damage in Chiayi and Tainan. Lukang, the beautiful historical town, is under water.

So many homes without roof, blown away, repair and clean up crews scrambling.

Cars thrown around like toys in Penghu.

For a quick typhoon, it really played a number.

BTW where is that guy Reynolds that chases typhoons?

Just got hit by a flash storm while scootering. Soaked right through!

Hasn’t China been weaponizing their robot dog copies? Banana peels…

robot-dog-rikithewor-id

Whats that curvy arrow beside @biggusdickus on your screenshot there?

There’s gotta be a few contenders.

Some months ago I germinated a pomelo seed. The leaves smell very nice. Maybe pomelo juice could have a place in a cocktail. They don’t seem to produce much juice though.

When I am made to eat them they turn my lips numb. What’s that about?

#polemopolemic

Apparently they have a role in creating hybrids

Are you allergic maybe?

Could indeed be an allergy, avoid eating the white flesh parts and see if there is less numbness.

The same thing happens with me to a degree, it’s probably just the acidity . Or maybe it has a specific chemical causing that…dunno. Anyway it’s not unusual.

That sounds unusual to me.

Tis not. Bear and I make you unusual.

I’m perfect. Was declared so by the Perfect Council.


On a serious note,
Tingly and numb lips from pomelos is an allergy. You should get that checked out.

Hard pass

I’ll do a test by eating one soon again.

From the front page of the print edition of today’s Taipei Times, following the typhoon:

Source: Danas damage - Taipei Times

#pomelopoliticsnotpolemics

Guy

There’s a pointing politician!