I know they get compensation for it all anyway.
I donāt know folks but looking at this from a distance Iād say greater food security in Taiwan (not complete; I said greater) does not strike me as a bad thing. Itās not like everyone is banging on the door to be a farmer nowadays . . .
Guy
Iād rather pay people for growing stuff than laying concrete.
Abd yeah looking at one of the videos it was amazing how many youzi seemed to land perfectly on the ground
. But hey Iām not a youzi farmer anythingās possible maybe they did just shake off, and Iām sure the typhoon would have severely damaged a lot of crops.
I think the speed and accuracy of the estimated losses is perhaps whatās raising eyebrows.
In every developed country politicians bend over backwards for farmers. Food security has little to do with it.
I mean pomelosā¦was there ever a more pointless fruit?
You need to think in terms of national security.
And take away the one day of the school year that elementary students learn how to make their own pomelo hat?
BiggusDickus:
the_bear:
I mean pomelosā¦was there ever a more pointless fruit?
You need to think in terms of national security.
And take away the one day of the school year that elementary students learn how to make their own pomelo hat?
OK, I accept your flippancy. However, pomelos are the top crop hit in terms of NT$118.4. So,they must be a significant element of @afterspivakās greater food security concerns.
I take it you are a fan of farmers going bankrupt after storms? If so, itās nice to know you are a free market fundamentalist, which I am not.
Guy
I take it you are a fan of farmers going bankrupt after storms? If so, itās nice to know you are a free market fundamentalist, which I am not.
Guy
Is this a reply to me?
If so, no, I am not a fan of anyone going bankrupt anytime.
Good, because farmers deal with force majeure crises like this all too regularly. I donāt have a problem with the state stepping up and helping out in times like this, especially when it comes to food supplies on this island.
Guy
Good, because farmers deal with force majeure crises like this all too regularly. I donāt have a problem with the state stepping up and helping out in times like this, especially when it comes to food supplies on this island.
Guy
Obviously we differ when it comes to government handouts.
Fair enough, you support tax payer aid for pomelo production - for reasons of greater food security.
Have you seen the video of the building crane cosplaying helicopter? Those winds were impressive.
Or the temple gate that was literally torn off the ground, and fell on the temple, smashing it to literal smithereens?
I recall seeing that kind of orchard debacle before with other fruits. No need for foul play.
Eh problem is if the local authorities do not support the growers, China will. Hence, the security factor.
Of course, I agree thereās a bunch of us whoād rather have them farmers switching to different fruits.
Iād be delighted to introduce them to a variety of tropical fruits that would do betterā¦
Rescue team caught in the current. All 3 deceased.
I mean pomelosā¦was there ever a more pointless fruit?
Youzi talking to me punk?
I said youzi talking to me?
You gonna shaddock or youzi get a pomelling, youzi ungrapefruit fool.
Tongue. Bit. So. hard. Trying. Not. To. Write. A. Book. And. Piss. Off everyone.
Tongue. Bleeding. Face. Red.
Resist. The. Urge. To. Commentā¦!!!
![]()
Eh problem is if the local authorities do not support the growers, China will. Hence, the security factor.
Of course, I agree thereās a bunch of us whoād rather have them farmers switching to different fruits.
Iād be delighted to introduce them to a variety of tropical fruits that would do betterā¦
With the exception of scurvy, in what way are fruits a security factor?
Politics.
Economy.
Greed.
Health.
Security.
Investment.
Zoning.
Landlords.
Population.
Fuuuuck.
Thatās just domestic issues, because this thread isnāt about geopolitics.
