Typoon 2006 new

We’re probably gonna hit by at least one and when it arrives at HK it will be a super typhoon … :s

Severe Tropical Storm MARIA (0607)
Analysis
0000UTC 07 August 2006
Center Location 29.6N 138.8E
Movement NW 21km/hr
Minimum Pressure 980hPa
Maximum Wind Speed 28m/s
Gust 35m/s
Radius of 15m/s 150km
Radius of 25m/s -km

Forecast
1200UTC 07 August 2006
Center Position 30.6N 136.9E
Movement WNW 18km/hr
Radius of 70% probability circle 80km
0000UTC 08 August 2006
Center Position 31.5N 135.4E
Movement NW 15km/hr
Radius of 70% probability circle 140km
0000UTC 09 August 2006
Center Position 32.9N 132.5E
Movement WNW 13km/hr
Radius of 70% probability circle 240km
0000UTC 10 August 2006
Center Position 35.2N 130.4E
Movement NW 13km/hr
Radius of 70% probability circle 400km

Severe Tropical Storm SAOMAI (0608)
Analysis
0000UTC 07 August 2006
Center Location 17.9N 139.5E
Movement NW 24km/hr
Minimum Pressure 975hPa
Maximum Wind Speed 30m/s
Gust 38m/s
Radius of 15m/s 150km
Radius of 25m/s -km

Forecast
1200UTC 07 August 2006
Center Position 19.7N 137.4E
Movement NW 25km/hr
Radius of 70% probability circle 110km
0000UTC 08 August 2006
Center Position 21.3N 135.3E
Movement NW 23km/hr
Radius of 70% probability circle 170km
0000UTC 09 August 2006
Center Position 23.9N 130.5E
Movement WNW 24km/hr
Radius of 70% probability circle 280km
0000UTC 10 August 2006
Center Position 26.5N 125.8E
Movement WNW 23km/hr

Severe Tropical Storm BOPHA (0609)
Analysis
0000UTC 07 August 2006
Center Location 22.6N 129.0E
Movement WEST 8km/hr
Minimum Pressure 985hPa
Maximum Wind Speed 25m/s
Gust 33m/s
Radius of 15m/s 150km
Radius of 25m/s -km

Forecast
1200UTC 07 August 2006
Center Position 22.9N 127.5E
Movement WNW 13km/hr
Radius of 70% probability circle 80km
0000UTC 08 August 2006
Center Position 23.2N 126.0E
Movement WNW 13km/hr
Radius of 70% probability circle 140km
0000UTC 09 August 2006
Center Position 23.2N 122.3E
Movement WEST 16km/hr
Radius of 70% probability circle 240km
0000UTC 10 August 2006
Center Position 21.7N 120.1E
Movement SW 12km/hr

Looking interesting, Bopha will arrive here Wednesday:

Saomai will pass by Thursday:

Guess we are in for a windy week.

I think that Saimai might end up going north, they are not certain hits till they are here. The certainty of Bopha to hit us looks much bigger.

Ladies and gents…seems we are in for a big one!

Currently: Muzha, HEAVY rain and hail! Thunder and lightening.

There was a question earlier if a typhoon can merge and if it is likely Bopha and Saomai wil merge.

Answer: Yes and No.

When typhoons get close two things can happen.

Door#1: If their cores allign they can merge and the velocity of merging typhoon will kick up the velocity of the larger one that sucked it in. In order for this to happen the cores of each typhoon need to be as close as 450km.

Door #2: The smaller typhoon can be spun off by the larger typhoon which usually ends up breaking the smaller typhoon up into smaller vortexs.

Typhoon Bopha (the one that is closer right now) was born in cooler water than Saomai. It wont be as strong. Saomai was born further south in warmer waters. If it’s diabatic heating stays constant we could be looking at Saomai growing into a super typhoon of category 5.

The two typhoon’s cores are too far apart for a merge to take place.

Currently Typhoon Saomai is likely to pss to the north of Taiwan. The estimated path keeps inching more and more south though. It appears likely that Taipei is in store for a possible direct hit by late wednesday or thursday.

Currently Typhoon Bopha is on a direct course for mid Taiwan and looks like it will turn south to the southern end of the island by late tomorrow.

Batten the hatches and secure the rigging, no doubt we are in for some nasty weather real soon!

I like this pic.

You can see all three

look at the colors…man…

Tropical Cyclone Strike Probabilities for Tainan, Taiwan: 23°00´N 120°13´E

Tropical Cyclone Strike Probabilities for Taipei, Taiwan: 25°20´N 121°31´E

That’s really beauutiful… man… :sunglasses:

No major changes in the above paths. These pics show all three storms:

those pics look doomy and gloomy…

Tigerman wins for psychedelic effect! :laughing: Must be a Deadhead or something.

Yeah! Tigerman, quit threadjacking. We KNOW you have some nice tie-dies – there’s no need to scan them here for us. :laughing:

Does anyone have the direct link to this chinese page where they say which county hast to work and which one not? Need to check later than if my son need to go to school.
I can read now the different massages on the page but I can’t navigate the page to finde that information. Still a far way to go with my Chinese skills I guess.

Yeah! Tigerman, quit threadjacking. We KNOW you have some nice tie-dies – there’s no need to scan them here for us. :laughing:[/quote]

Stage backdrop:

[quote=“mingshah”]Does anyone have the direct link to this Chinese page where they say which county hast to work and which one not? Need to check later than if my son need to go to school.
I can read now the different massages on the page but I can’t navigate the page to finde that information. Still a far way to go with my Chinese skills I guess.[/quote]

:laughing: I’ve had the same trouble with that page. I recommend you go to the English link, then click the email link and write them a letter asking them to make the info easier to find. Maybe they could use a typhoon symbol too.

[quote=“Dragonbones”][quote=“mingshah”]Does anyone have the direct link to this Chinese page where they say which county hast to work and which one not? Need to check later than if my son need to go to school.
I can read now the different massages on the page but I can’t navigate the page to finde that information. Still a far way to go with my Chinese skills I guess.[/quote]

:laughing: I’ve had the same trouble with that page. I recommend you go to the English link, then click the email link and write them a letter asking them to make the info easier to find. Maybe they could use a typhoon symbol too.[/quote]

Thanks, that’s exactly the kind of kick I was waiting for right before my final exame tomorow. Now I will go there with the “my Chinese is almost lige Dragonbones” feeling of self confidence (at least till they crash me on the ground tomorow than through out the test). :wink:

The CWB is showing this at the moment. Looks like Bopha’s going to miss all but the south and south east.

Dragonbabe helped me find the right part of the page just now –
on the right side there’s a column in orange; it’s the bottom link, 歷次天然災害停止辦公上課訊息 . That takes you to a page of announcements listed chronologically, where you’ll now see that there are not yet any announcements for August.

And with the both dragons help that would be the direct link than:

http://ca2.cpa.gov.tw/cpa2004/fixpage/LYSD0001.html

Just need to choose the right date than. :wink:

[quote=“mingshah”]And with the both dragons help that would be the direct link than:

[/quote]

For this year, yes, but if the page title is changed when updated or when the year changes, you may need the main page link.

[quote=“Dragonbones”][quote=“mingshah”]And with the both dragons help that would be the direct link than:

[/quote]

For this year, yes, but if the page title is changed when updated or when the year changes, you may need the main page link.[/quote]

Yes, you are right. :notworthy:

But on the other hand, we might have a “Typhoon 2007” thread than instead of this one, or? :wink:

Just wanted to make it quick accessable for now, sorry for my tsi poa (whats the pinyin for that?).