Typoon 2006 new

Works for me. But occasionally the link won’t open, at which point I use a mirror at the NRL Monterey Marine Meteorology siteor turn to similar sites like this.

[quote=“cfimages”]The BBC is saying that 1.3million people have been evacuated in China. 2 dead so far.

http://news.BBC.co.uk/2/hi/Asia-pacific/4778631.stm[/quote]

I blame it on George Bush.

[quote=“seeker4”]For whatever reason, I can’t seem to get the link to work for the Joint Typhoon Warning Center in Hawaii.
[/quote]

Just in case you haven’t tried it, try refreshing the page. With JTWC, that often works for me.

i had same problem, link from tigerman through “anomonizer” works though.

67.18.35.242/-metoc.npmoc.navy.mil/jtwc.html

[quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“seeker4”]For whatever reason, I can’t seem to get the link to work for the Joint Typhoon Warning Center in Hawaii.

Is it simply not accessible any longer or just a problem that I’m having?
Thanks.[/quote]seeker4 -
There is a continous love/hate relationship with .mil sites being accessed from out of the USA ISP’s.
This might be the problem.[/quote]
Yeah, I’ve bumped into that before, with other types of government sites, even municipal. Oddly, it doesn’t seem to be uniform as Dragonbones can reach it and I can reach other military sites. Refreshing the JTWC site doesn’t help in my case. Thanks.

[quote=“Doctor Evil”][quote=“cfimages”]The BBC is saying that 1.3million people have been evacuated in China. 2 dead so far.

http://news.BBC.co.uk/2/hi/Asia-pacific/4778631.stm[/quote]

I blame it on George Bush.[/quote]

No, you would only be able to blame this on Bush if armed US National Guard troops were confining the refugees to a zero-security rapefest football stadium without food and water for 3 days in an effort to prevent property damage. Clearly the Chinese don’t have football stadiums.

[quote=“Tempo Gain”]i had same problem, link from tigerman through “anomonizer” works though.

67.18.35.242/-metoc.npmoc.navy.mil/jtwc.html[/quote]

:laughing: Which for me is blocked:

[quote]Forbidden
You were denied access because:
Access denied by WebWasher DynaBLocator content category. The requested URL belongs to the following category: Anonymous Proxies. [/quote]

Don’tchya hate overly zealous corporate firewalls?

[quote=“Dragonbones”][quote=“Tempo Gain”]i had same problem, link from tigerman through “anomonizer” works though.

67.18.35.242/-metoc.npmoc.navy.mil/jtwc.html[/quote]

:laughing: Which for me is blocked:

[quote]Forbidden
You were denied access because:
Access denied by WebWasher DynaBLocator content category. The requested URL belongs to the following category: Anonymous Proxies. [/quote]

Don’tchya hate overly zealous corporate firewalls?[/quote]

Funny thing is that I have no problem at all opening the JTWC from my office with our firewalls and proxy servers, but once home, no way to open the npmoc site from my home PC without any firewall or anit virus or spam filtering. The links anonymous link works fine, but is much slower.
It worked well before, for many monts wit hte same settings… Ghost month I think :wink:

JTWC is predicting Ioke heads for Japan.
CWB is making it more our direction.
Would like to have a day off, as we were certainly not spoiled this year no?
But this seems to be already a SUPER typhoon :snivel:

that’s a ways off, could go anywhere.

Definitely Japan. Dammit.

Yeah. She’s a real beauty, though:

Yeah. She’s a real beauty, though:

[/quote]

She’s also travelled farther than any Typhoon I’ve ever seen…This thing will have crossed over half of the Pacific by the time makes landfall, keeping in mind it’s point of origin was EAST of the Hawaian Islands.

Crazy storm.

This one began life as a hurricane, and then one day as it approached mid-ocean, JTWC re-badged it as a typhoon: very interesting. I always wondered how the hurricane/typhoon protocol worked. What’s the record for longest distance travelled by a hurricane/typhoon anyway?

The date line … crossing the date line will change your name from Hurricane to typhoon :wink:

It’s always been my understanding that typhoons and hurricanes are pretty much the same thing, but “typhoon” is the term used for storms from the Pacific ocean, and “hurricane,” from the Atlantic.

Are you trying to say these things can travel through time? :astonished:

Are you trying to say these things can travel through time? :astonished:[/quote]

Yes, they can jump from yesterday to tomorrow … or is it today … anyways

It’s an American and Chinese thing … hurry-cane = American … Ty-fong is Chinese …

[quote=“bushibanned”]

It’s always been my understanding that typhoons and hurricanes are pretty much the same thing, but “typhoon” is the term used for storms from the Pacific ocean, and “hurricane,” from the Atlantic.[/quote]

I belive they call them hurricanes in the eastern Pacific though, and cyclones in India and Australia.

[quote=“navillus”][quote=“bushibanned”]

It’s always been my understanding that typhoons and hurricanes are pretty much the same thing, but “typhoon” is the term used for storms from the Pacific ocean, and “hurricane,” from the Atlantic.[/quote]

I belive they call them hurricanes in the eastern Pacific though, and cyclones in India and Australia.[/quote]

cyclones=turn arounds