šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§ UK - London | How to do London on the Cheap

The biggest problem it has is you grubby foreigners. :joy: Dodging fares. Eating food. Cramming it with your bags of souvenirs. Even a global pandemic canā€™t keep you all away. London is city of tourists moaning that they arenā€™t at home.

3 Likes

My[quote=ā€œTaiwan_Luthiers, post:15, topic:214643, full:trueā€]
You serious? You could buy a car for that.

[/quote]

true, buy a van with a few months mrt on it and sleep in it. About 500 quid will get you a nice motor.

I want to go see the musical but London has been invaded by Omicron.

And Aussies. Watch ya back, good luck.
It also looks like it is the beginning of the end of the Johnson dynasty. Things will get smelly. Next it will be 10quid a bag of chips but with the pound about to go so low that will work.out at about 20NTD :rofl:

4 Likes

So why is the tube so expensive? I mean Berlin U Bahn isnā€™t that expensive, single trip ticket is about 4 euros, a month pass about 70 euros (for zone AB or BC) and they even have a reduced price month pass thatā€™s 40 euros but only works after 10am. Itā€™s more expensive than Taipeiā€™s month pass but itā€™s still not that bad.

1 Like

Back at you. Take care.

BoJo will be fine. We love the rascal!

Itā€™s in Berlin. You have your answer.

Massive subsidies. I think in many parts of Europe students get free public transport. America and Britain have two things in.common, the language and a penniless uneducated under class. London is a place for the rich. The 80s were great there the tube was dirt cheap, housing cheap , pay good, ah the good old days!

2 Likes

It really isnā€™t.

I only lived there two years , I went back to visit and it was really expensive. For me anyway.

2 Likes

Fair enough.

1 Like

In Austin I got free public transport if I go to UT Austin, but the problem is, their public transport sucks ass.

1 Like

But I know what you are saying, if you actually know it then yes way less expensive than if you go in blind.

As others have said, book early and youā€™ll find somewhere central at a decent price. Do not stay beyond zone 2 if you can help it. Budget Ā£10 per meal and youā€™ll be fine.

2 Likes

Mainland western Europe does generally have great public transport怂 Way better than in Britain. They also pay a lot of taxes in Germany.
Taipeiā€™s public transport is amazing.

London saw you coming.

Care to expand on that.

Two million homeless agree :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Is that cardboard city by Waterloo station still there ?

Iā€™m in London right now. Ten quid for a meal means eating in a restaurant. No takeaway, supermarket or shop is gonna cost ten quid. Tell a lie, in Tesco you can get a posh meal deal, two mains, two sides, a desert and a bottle of wine forā€¦ A TENNER.