šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§ UK - London | How to do London on the Cheap

A city of cardboard? Is that real?

What about Donerā€™s? In both Amsterdam and Berlin I could get them for around 2 euros or so.

And I live here. I assume they want to enjoy themselves when they are here. Ā£10 a meal is a sensible budget. If cheap is the only consideration then obviously Iā€™m sure they can figure out that bit themselves.

Yeah for real. The government would remove it then it would return.Right next to Waterloo station , under one of the main bridges used to cross into Westminster. Homeless people built it.

1 Like

A fiver.

Again with the Berlin comparison. Itā€™s Berlin. :grin:

Two euro is decent. But itā€™s not real. I googled kebab prices in Amsterdam just now. Five euro for something basic.

I just looked and it was real! Wow. Taken down in 1998 though. 23 years ago.

1 Like

Fair enough. But you know that a tenner is tourist money, and that you and I donā€™t blow thirty quid a day on food.

Yah Iā€™m old so do not challenge me to.a fight unless you want to get beaten up in prison for picking on oldies. :joy:

Sir, you have yourself a deal.

1 Like

You canā€™t. You need to pay Ā£15 to enter London with a car, and thereā€™s the parking, so you might as well take the rubbish tube.

2 Likes

Leave off! :joy: Iā€™ve ridden your betel nut strewn, racist to foreigners, MRT. It was so expensive too. Itā€™s about 5000nt to go two stops. Only to then pay 6000 nt for lunch.

London is awesome if you have money. So many options in food and culture from all over the world.

If you donā€™t have money though, must be very depressing. An endless commute and crap housing standards.

How did you come to these conclusions? Iā€™m not rich and I have a great time. London is a city of parks, free stuff and reasonable prices. Of course, if you live in the third world, itā€™s gonna seem expensive. :yum:

Like I said, housing is the main issue. You have people on good salaries doing flatshares into their 40s, AND still having to face sizable commute. And the standard of housing flat out sucks compared to other European countries, especially considering how expensive it is.

But yes, lots of nice freebies like the museums, and supermarkets are good value with (at least pre-Brexit) a nice range (Waitrose, M&S).

Crap housing is a nation wide issue. We definitely suck at housing. In London, one of our biggest housing problems is foreign investors buying up property and then leaving it empty. As is said, China and Russia will never bomb London because theyā€™d be blowing up their own stuff. We sold off our city. :cry:

No it wonā€™t, not any more. Used car market is through the roof in the UK at the moment, and thereā€™s the ULEZ which charges any car older than 2014 about Ā£15 a day that itā€™s in any part of London.

1 Like

15Ā£ a day for an old car. I guess that is just in London right ? (sorry yes I saw you said London). What happens to classic cars etc ?

Incorrect.

ULEZ is Ā£12.50 and does not cover all of greater London. No ULEZ zone in West London for example. Itā€™s also not correct about cars and 2014. It depends on the filth your car spews out, not itā€™s age.

For those already tightening their butt cheeks at the thought of coming to London hereā€™s the money shotā€¦ If you want to drive into Central London you also have to pay the congestion charge ON TOP. That actually is Ā£15. So if you are hell bent on driving an old banger through my fine city it will cost you a whopping Ā£27.50. Thatā€™s over 1000nt. Enjoy. The charge is there to stop people polluting. Itā€™s a good thing.
Orā€¦ Take the bus for Ā£1.55 hop on and off as many other buses for free within an hour. Max cost of Ā£4.65 for an entire day.

1 Like

That is a good deal on the buses. They are still double deckers right ? Please say yes lol

2 Likes

Yes! And bright shiny red.

1 Like