šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§ UK - London | Places to visit in London

I most certainly do. Miss that city so much.

Time off for good behaviour means Iā€™ll be back there July/August.

Not as much as you miss my , obviously failed, attempts at wit on an epic scale :joy::wink:

Since you guys do not like BA, do you fly China Airlines or EVA?

The Grapes is owned by Gandalf. He gives you a free pint if you hold his staff.

1 Like

EVA, no crashes.

2 Likes

Shoreditch: Walking distance from the historic City of London (which you should also visit, but is probably already on your list). A very interesting area, mixing Victorian architecture with quirky independent shops and restaurants. If you like music, be sure to visit Rough Trade Records in the famous Brick Lane Market. Spitalfields is a stoneā€™s throw away and is full of great places to eat and drink.

1 Like

Ooof - shots fired!

1 Like

I sent you a PM back.

Any great favorite restaurants you would suggest? Iā€™m afraid Iā€™ve pretty much given up drinking besides a glass of wine on special occasions or a class of scotch here and there with the boys with a cigar on hand. Would probably embarrass myself drinking at the pub with some proper Englishmen these days haha.

If you like gin, Mr. Foggā€™s Gin Parlour in Covent Graden is cool.

Does anyone not like gin?

Yes. I canā€™t stand that juniper berry flavor. Not as bad as raki, but stillā€¦

I might go there tmr. It looks cool.

Donā€™t ignore the buses. Theyā€™re a great way to see the landscape of London. Google Maps will help you get around.

1 Like

Thatā€™s right. Also the bus. Lilith went to school in London so she should know the way.

Comedy club in Chiswick, enter via this pub.

Do not put your hand up when they fish for audience participants. Seriously though, donā€™t put your hand up

1 Like

Sounds like a challenge

1 Like

They make it seem tempting but rip the crap out of anyone who dares, the opposition has a mic and is professional at cutting wit, so its a lost cause, all in good humor though. Also some friendly pub quizzes in that neighborhood.

1 Like

Is it true London has great pho? I would love a great bowl of pho tbh. Thereā€™s not much international options in Italy unless youā€™re in Milan or Rome.

@Gain @FatKaz

Never heard anyone say anything about great Pho no. Great curry yes.