Ukraine invaded by the Russians...again Dec-Feb 2022

We should listen o what Xi says as well as what Putin said. Its just Xi is working off a long timeline and they still hope for a compliant KMT govt . Also Chinese aren’t so into making big risky moves. An invasion is not guaranteed to be successful yet. That could be political suicide.

1 Like

I saw a lot of Russians tanks and helicopters. Juicy targets for those missiles that can be smuggled over. A very large population that absolutely hates them. I reckon it will end badly for them.

2 Likes

Pssss…that fab is like 2% of TSMC 's production. They’re building five more, and it’ll be 12% after a decade.

And it’s not the most advanced stuff.

1 Like

I also think Xi will make a move at some point. I don’t think he is worried about any threats either. I think he is biding his time to make the military stronger and doesn’t care if there is loss of life on China’s end as people are expendable.

And then the next comment usually is, well China’s neighbors will get involved. As we see with Russia , nobody is willing to go against a nuclear power which is why Xi plans to increase his nuke stockpiles. I don’t expect an imminent invasion but next decade… likely

1 Like

That’s to start. Why do you think the USA wanted it there.

Of course the USA wants to be self-sufficient.

Still, you can’t make advanced stuff if you’re not doing it in Taiwan.

Like Whateva said, the entire supply chain is in TSMC’s back yard.

1 Like

So far it’s a bad bet, but didn’t Taiwan’s own defense minister say that China could take this place by 2026? Again, the power dynamic is shifting daily and China is just biding it’s time.

1 Like

The CIA should assasinate Xi then.

1 Like

Given CIA incompetence in covert actions, this is extremely unlikely.

3 Likes

I don’t disagree with you here, but you’ve shifted the topic. What I am saying is that if the US was unwilling to help defend Taiwan, it would have lost its sovereignty long, long, ago. I don’t see that anything has changed there. Will it continue to be true in the future, or will China develop such a preponderance of power to make it irrelevant? Maybe.

2 Likes

One could say the same with Putin too but it seems he has the inner circle on lock. I’m surprised myself that nobody has tried to stop him.

“Could” doesn’t mean it makes sense. Soviet Union “could” have destroyed USA, doesn’t mean they were ready to face the consequences.

Nukes hitting Shenzhen, Shanghai, Beijing and the rest of the big cities won’t do China good.

They want Alaska back.

He can just drop dead, then it’s over.

Taking out JFK without getting caught was their greatest accomplishment.

2 Likes

Kharkiv subway turned into bomb shelter

Is it tea eggs?

4 Likes

Prior to December 1965 the Vietcong were fighting a conventional territorial war against the US and losing badly. They then switched tactics, abandoning a strategy of defending and holding territory. Instead they began an insurgent war of attrition with the world’s most powerful military, battling it to a stalemate and its eventual withdrawal.

Guerrilla Tactics
In December 1965, Ho Chi Minh and the North Vietnamese leadership ordered a change in a way the war in the South was to be fought. From now on, the Vietcong would avoid pitched battles with the Americans unless the odds were clearly in their favor. There would be more hit and run attacks and ambushes.

1 Like