Ukraine invaded by the Russians...again Dec-Feb 2022

The most important piece of forensic evidence from Kennedy’s assassination went missing after his autopsy – evidence which would have eventually proved pivotal as forensic medicine evolved – and no one knows or cares where it is.

1 Like

Interesting conversations on Twitter

A piece written in 2016

Putin, trapped between war and revolution, will choose war, Ikhlov says – EUROMAIDAN PRESS | Euromaidan Press

Love this peaceful act - but I think the soldier now very worried for himself?
Mental torture.

2 Likes

Armed Forces of Ukraine on Twitter: “A separate motorized infantry battalion “Sarmat” :ukraine: glory to the Heroes! Win! https://t.co/5M93DuRyxz” / Twitter

IgorGirkin on Twitter: “Харьков, потери всрф https://t.co/M82qOUiiOm” / Twitter

Who else isn’t shocked that the spineless EU wussed out of kicking Russia out of Swift?

Absolutely pathetic.

4 Likes

But they moved forward in this case. I don’t see why China wouldn’t do the same when it feels the chess board is arranged more in its favor.

How have I shifted topics? LOL The topic I was discussing is how today’s events in Ukraine make China’s annexation of Taiwan more likely. I agree that the only reason it hasn’t happened is that the US has held them off, but the US has just shown where their boundaries are- threaten a nuclear strike, and they do nothing. What the US has done thus far to defend Taiwan is unquestionable, but you keep assuming a stagnant and unchanging world.
What China now can figure into the equation isn’t how much it would take to defeat the US, but just what strategy to use so they don’t need to. Sorry ya’ll, the US is not going to risk all out nuclear war for Ukraine, Taiwan, or any other place that most 'mericans can’t even find on a map. Nor would I argue that they should given that, as I said before, Taiwanese people didn’t even vote for their own independence when it had the chance and with its current so-called pro-independence president who won’t even say that Taiwan is an independent country.

2 Likes

It’s just cunts all the way down. Every man Jack of the people who work as politicians, no matter the country, are in one way or another cunts. Powerful cunts, corrupt cunts and stupid cunts. Cunts all the way.

And we elect them. :see_no_evil:

7 Likes

“The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit. The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are.”
– Marcus Aureleus

4 Likes

Maybe not nuclear war, but have you seen polls on this issue? Have you talked to Americans?

Formally declaring independence is just inviting an invasion. Taiwanese people know that.

As long as Taiwan has its own baseball team, there isn’t enough to be gained by a declaration.

The polls? :rofl:
Anyone who believes that over half of Americans truly support sending troops to defend Taiwan is beyond naive. That same survey showed that the largest number of people said “don’t know”, but the headlines reported something else. Read how leading all of the poll questions were…that’s not how science works :laughing: This is what people read before answering:

Taiwan has been self-governed since 1949, but China claims it as part of its territory. The United States supports Taiwan’s right to self-government and does not recognize China’s territorial claims on Taiwan. Would
you favor or oppose the following US policies toward Taiwan?

nonsense survey link
I wish they would have done a Jimmy Kimmel follow up…please point to Taiwan on a map.

You’re making my point, lol.

There’s been more than or survey, all with consistent results.

Finding it on a map is irrelevant, Americans can’t find America on a map.

2 Likes

This was the first survey that showed 50% support for defending Taiwan, all surveys have been consistently under 50%. This was was exactly 50% of people who read the very leading question. Plus, none of these surveys are scientific at all.

@Insight_tw this is the Ukraine invaded by Russia thread, we have threads all over the place discussing a possible Taiwan invasion, most have us have discussed it from every conceivable perspective. We get that an invasion of Ukraine may make a move by China more likely, but it’s all hypothetical. Let’s try to keep this thread related to Ukraine and Russia please.

5 Likes

Yeah I was thinking of suggesting moving somewhere else a few messages.

1 Like

Sirens in Kiev again.

They also polled foreign policy elites, the people actually making the decisions, and the numbers were 70-80%, depending on party.

When was the last time the UN defended anything?

Guy

4 Likes

I want a beautiful girlfriend who attends to my every need and wants nothing in return. It has now been said :wink:

There’s even a dedicated thread to that topic!

2 Likes