Ukraine Invaded by the Russians - April to August 2022

What about the other neighbor who got shot at 20 odd years ago? Why aren’t you interested in him?

2 Likes

I would be to see how the issue was solved and how it was started …Lawyers always use case studies . Although the further you go back in time the harder it is to get accurate accounts.

This all sounds like something straight outta Compton. ba-dummm-tsshhh

British invasion of Afghanistan 1839 or 1878?

1 Like

I do not know what Compton is, I know it is in America other than that not sure. I don’t really care either not my part of the world thank God

2 Likes

The support for war often boils down to who the adversary is. Even without WMD, Saddam was a bad dude and perceived as a threat to the West, same with Putin. I think that’s the main reason for why we have this mess. It’s the West against authoritarian regimes. Ukraine is just in the middle, as is Taiwan.

What do the people around the world want, what system do they prefer? I think the West can make a strong case for liberal democratic systems being the preferred option for most people if they had the freedom to choose. One example is the refugee streams. Where do most refugees want to go? How many try to flee to Russia and China? How many try to get into the US and the EU? Opposing Russia and China is about protecting the fragile systems we have with all their flaws and shortcomings and that we prefer over whatever they have to offer.

Criticizing the West for their policies and military interventions is totally warranted, and despite the corporate world making it somewhat difficult to make alternative voices heard it’s preferable to the censorship in authoritarian systems. It’s terrible to be caught in the middle of it, like the Ukrainians are right now, but I think it’s worth fighting for.

4 Likes

That is going to drain the EU worse than Greece did.
Let’s wait to see what the wheat harvest will look like , as if it is not good people in places like India will suffer badly.

I’m not sure I would characterise it like that.
The West is supporting Ukraine but it’s Ukraine that is standing for its own independence from Russia and nobody else is fighting but them. Ukraine was fighting against Russia even when they were seeing very little support.

So you are concerned for good poor Indians now, but bombing good Ukrainians seems to be okay because ‘Nazis’

Greece didn’t drain the EU because the Germans wouldn’t cover their debts and give them more favourable terms, that was how things really kicked off there . You seem to have problems remembering what actually happened back then.

The invasion of Ukraine is causing an economic shock right around the world.

I did not write “Good people” that has been edited by someone. It is not even my style of writing. I posted the link and said India but never wrote “Good people”. @Mick
Mick look into that please or I am leaving the forum with no more contributions.

I took “good” as referring to the wheat harvest, not the people of India.

2 Likes

Ukrainian soldiers have stopped trying to use DJI drones, since they’ve realized that every time they use the product from the Chinese company results in Russian shelling.

I do wonder why people in states that Russia and China are hostile towards would continue using products made by these authoritarian regimes. Tiktok, DJI, Telegram, I would use none of these if I were an Ukrainian.

Although it would made a perfect decoy and waste some Russian ammo.

4 Likes

Correct, it deceptively edited by @Brianjones to give a dishonest interpretation of what was written.

This is was was written.

This is what @Brianjones quoted.

It was quoted accurately, but it is clear the good is referring to the harvest which was edited out.

2 Likes

Ok I think it is best for me and others to drop out this thread. I will stay in the forum , but this thread has got too nasty for me now.
I’ve said more than my fair share and have not much else to add .

2 Likes

It’s more like Jeffrey Dahmer accusing Ted Bundy of being a heinous murderer and expecting people to take his moral outrage seriously.

What do you expect. Roses ? I just quoted what you said.

I’m pointing out your concern for poor people in India but I didn’t personally notice much concern for the poor people of Mariupol. There are people starving in Mariupol now. And bombed. And shot at.

I find that perplexing. There’s nothing nasty about that.

How is that nasty ? Shooting and bombing innocent people is nasty.

I just quoted what you wrote

good people in places like India will suffer badly.

In the end it is not a semantics problem. Remove the word good what is the difference ?

@crusher wasn’t talking about poor people he was talking about a poor harvest. Dishonesty is a trait that seems to be creeping in with some as well as some exposing their nasty side of themselves for all to see.

As with the Russia bounties story it was known immediately it was flimsy intel at best, but the media pushed it as if the intelligence was rock solid, there’s an article below where they sometimes just put stuff out there with no intelligence just to get in Putins head.

Sometimes it has used low-confidence intelligence for deterrent effect, as with chemical agents, and other times, as an official put it, the U.S. is just “trying to get inside Putin’s head.”

Maybe some on think it’s clever.

2 Likes

Don’t accuse me of that.
Don’t overtstep your mod privileges beciase you don’t like what I wrote.

OBVIOUSLY he is talking about poor people in India who will go hungry if they can’t afford to eat.

You owe me an apology.

It’s been clarified by the OP, as well as remarked that you took it out of context by others, don’t pretend you don’t understand what you did.

We all saw.

2 Likes