Ukraine Invaded by the Russians - April to August 2022

He clarified that he is concerned about poor people in India.

Which is what I said. He seems more concerned about poor people in India than people in Ukraine. I’m waiting on that clarification .

What the hell are you on about ?

No more to comment, you are pretending not to understand, I don’t believe you. Have a good day @Brianjones

2 Likes

Let’s wait to see what the wheat harvest will look like , as if it is not good people in places like India will suffer badly.

This is what Crusher wrote. It could not be clearer.

You owe me an apology Mick.
You accuse me of dishonesty I can say the same to you.
You should not abuse your privileges.

1 Like

Disruptions stemming from Russia’s invasion of Ukraine have stoked fears the war-torn country could experience a 50% decline in crop output this year, according to Bloomberg.

Forecast data from ag expert UkrAgroConsult show Ukraine’s corn output could be as low as 19 million tons, about half of last year’s 41 million tons.

1 Like

And whose fault is that ?
Whose fault is it ?

1 Like

You can, but you would need to cite an example, I already cited yours, no need to repeat it as it just takes up space and wastes people time.

2 Likes

Then you should not have accuse me with such flimsy evidence. I can easily quote the whole sentence it doesnt change the substance of what he wrote.

Not a whole lot of difference in the end.

Let’s wait to see what the wheat harvest will look like , as if it is not good people in places like India will suffer badly.

good people in places like India will suffer badly.

Just providing facts. While I have many times stated I do not support Putin nor the invasion, some believe that providing an unemotional analysis of facts from both sides implies support of the invasion. Carry on… your are on an emotional tear now.

5 Likes

Always very informative, Caspian Report.

A few takeways:

• seeing Russia’s position based on the Heartland theory
  • importance of Russia’s topography; difficult to defend that huge east European plain
  • reducing the length of the border would mean a huge reduction in military spending
  • Russia really needs all of Ukraine, and then some (Moldova, Poland, and the Baltic states)
  • the Carpathian Mountains seen as natural buffer zone against Western aggression
  • Russia had plans to enter Moldova as well after a quick win in Ukraine
  • Importance of protecting the Volgograd Gap
3 Likes

It’s impossible with a war or starvation to have no emotional response. In fact everybody is affected by this around the world already so everybody will have an emotional response.

Of course. And I think it’s okay to allow emotions to come out. I am not like that. I just look at facts and analyze a situation from both sites. I am an engineer by background and always look at worst-case scenario and build up from there.

3 Likes

Me too. I find the fighting in this thread utterly pointless. Not interested in that at all.

8 Likes

Yeah when you get accused being nasty (because people don’t like being asked difficult questions ) or dishonest (because a mod can get away with it ) what are you supposed to do?

Well Janet says nasty boys don’t mean a thing. Take heart to that.

I do. I have. Repeatedly.

Old video, but good point. Telegram, by the way, seems to have moved away from Russia. Allegedly partly because of Ukraine and the founder’s partly Ukrainian heritage.

1 Like

I actually find all the whataboutisms and tangents to American politics even more pointless, which was what prompted the fighting in the first place.

If the mod would clamp down on those, we wouldn’t have this fight to begin with.

4 Likes

Might be worth starting a new thread, “US involvement in Ukraine”.

2 Likes

aww man… here’s comes 10 threads on Ukraine, like 10 threads on COVID. yikes :grin:

There better not be a guess thread on the invasion of Ukraine :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes