Ukraine Invaded by the Russians - March 2022

Seems to be a lot of overlapping “theories” here: Putin’s war is justified, Canada is as much a dictatorship as Russia, 5G caused covid, vaccinations are a lie, lizard people.

I remember reading somewhere that people who believed one oddball conspiracy theory were more likely to buy into the rest

2 Likes

Fixed it for you.

As I said I’m interested in the thought processes going on in there. Or lack of them.

1 Like

It’s you who can’t account for inconsistency.

Me on seeing a Nazi flag in the Canadian trucker convoy. One Nazi flag is one too many and needs to be condemned but is not reflective of the thousands in the convoy.

Me on Azov battalion. One battalion of Nazis is one too many and needs to be condemned but is not reflective of the vast majority of Ukrainians.

Consistent.

You on seeing a Nazi flag in the Canadian trucker convoy. OMG they are all right wing lunatics and that Nazi flag proves it, they are all QAnon types and need to be condemned.

You on Azov battalion. Why can’t we use the same argument they did for the Canadian trucker protest to say one small group is not reflective of the greater Ukrainian society as a whole.

Inconsistent.

2 Likes

Maybe this belongs in the robot apocalypse thread…

While that is certainly the case for now, but it will soon change within another decade. Edge AI is rapidly developing, and if there are new battery technology, deep learning will eventually power robots who are connected to large room of TPU powered deep learning computers. Let’s not forget quantum computers, it might be usable within another 20 years, when we manage to get enough qbits for meaningful computations. All our current encryption methods would be meaningless then.

1 Like

Fixed it for you. Now it’s consistent.

2 Likes

There’s absolutely no reason for Kadyrov to wear the doctor’s smock. The fact he put one on definitely shows this is all staged.

In this case I can, but it’s against forum rules :wink:

2 Likes

Ok, thank you for the edit, let’s say more generally because in no small part because of that flag you were characterizing the Canadian trucker convoy as a whole very negatively and in the case of Ukraine you are doing the opposite and downplaying the significance.

I wouldn’t bother with most people, but I credit you with being smart, so the question is “why is that”.

The answer is because the media wanted to portray the Canadian trucker convoy in a negative light and they want to portray the Ukrainians in a positive light, hence your opinion is not fixed in a guiding principle but is shifting to what the media tells you is virtuous on any given day.

2 Likes

Because I don’t have time for this today. Have a good one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Russians planting tanks for the fall tank harvest.

8 Likes

I don’t see any problem in criticizing the Big Three in the West, well the US, – big corporations, the establishment, and the main stream media – and at the same time condemning the invasion of Ukraine by Russia. It’s all connected somehow and pointing to the one culprit who started it all is impossible. How far back do you want to go? Adam? Different system have different problems. In the West, the power of the big corporations is certainly reason for concern. Of course the defense contractors are profiting massively from this war, someone has to produce the Javelins, right? How much influence do they have on politicians and their decision making? How much influence do they have on the media? If you are in the business of producing weapons and your goal and legal obligation is to make profits you surely are interested in wars going on. Who’s getting killed is not their concern. The system is flawed, if not broken, however, the system you have in Russia and China, at least to me, is far less appealing. While criticizing what’s wrong in the West, we need to be careful not to be seen as siding with a regime that commits horrible atrocities.

5 Likes

I have stopped commenting on the thread as my posts were constantly getting flagged. As you asked me directly I will comment on that picture. I have mixed feelings on it. One I think if she is under 18 she should not be there , but sure of course I am against all violence to children unless in extreme circumstances such as let’s say a 14 year old trying to stab me etc. However I am mostly against all violence to children apart from extreme circumstances.
It is a powerful picture of course.

3 Likes

Did any violence happen to
The girl? I need to read
About that

1 Like

She got arrested in the end and hauled off roughly .

2 Likes

A govt that is rough with little kids is just bad

This war has killed many children and emotionally scarred thousands more

For loving her country enough to stand up—or in this case, sit down—for its constitution.

Russia, heal thyself!

Guy

2 Likes

I had exactly the same thought about the brutal treatment of HK students during the protests there.

It’s a thuggish regime that smashes the aspirations of youth instead of nourishing them.

Guy

3 Likes

This is a farewell kiss from the Iraqi people, you dog, This is for the widows and orphans and all those killed in Iraq.

Muntadhar_al-Zaidi_-_Oct_6,_2020
– Iraqi journalist Muntadhar al-Zaidi

I think we are able to hold two thoughts at once: imperialism is bad AND thuggish governments smashing their own youth are also bad.

Guy

6 Likes

Next step, all bearded soldiers are getting shot.