Ukraine Invaded by the Russians - September to October 2022

If I was a Russian in Russia I would at least buy a round-trip ticket so as to not attract suspicion. Imagine having to think along these terms, so sad…

I like (read: am disgusted) how Putin has now threatened to nuke the region he claimed he wanted to liberate now that things are decisively going south for him.

If only he had more calories growing up – the Napoleon complex is certainly coming out now in spades.

1 Like

Like fuck I’ve used progressive tactics in our discussion. I’ve been completely fair throughout. However, if you feel I’ve ‘won’ then sobeit.

I posted an admittedly off-colour flippant remark about deaths. You then took the ball and ran. And repeatedly refused to stop

:grinning: Nothing wrong with trying out a suit to see how it fits, in fact these forums are a good place to do just that. In fact i would encourage it, good luck with your poker.

I don’t know what you mean. I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt.

please just let me ok

The final word is not a poorly punctuated meme.

The punctuation is flawless

1 Like

Ukraine returned over 200 of their fighters incl. Azovstal defenders.
Even the senior commanders of Azovstal defenders are free, but they must remain in Turkey until the end of the war.

Ten captives from foreign legion were also exchanged incl. those who were sentenced to death by sham trials in DNR.

4 Likes

Pretty harrowing if true.

Russkies at partial mobilization, covering 1.2% of the could-be mobilized (supposedly 25mn) population, those soldiers with an official status of “reserves” and all will have to take on special training before being sent to Ukraine. Looking at least a couple of months for just the call-up and then training.
Hopefully Taiwan won’t have to do the same thing (bar airlines from selling tix to fighting age guys) someday in the future.

No idea what “western media claims”, but I’d suggest to be very careful with not mixing up different categories / numbers:

Dead: last time I saw western media quoting estimates by some CIA guy, it was around 15K dead

Losses or Casualties: I saw recent numbers between 50K and 60K.

These include not only dead, but may also include some or all of other categories like wounded, captured or deserted.

Ukraine seems to talk about “liquidated” in English, which sounds more like dead. On one hand, this number (currently 55K) is way above “western” death toll estimates of 15K. On the other hand a long while ago some OSINT research claimed that the Ukraine numbers seem to be in the same ballpark as russian deaths allegedly verifiable by open source information (numbering on medals only awarded posthumously, burials, …)

Generally, Ukraine’s numbers on destroyed or captured vehicles seem to be relatively reasonable (comparing with OSINT info from “oryx” (conservatively counting losses verified by photos or videos). Note that Ukraine’s claims of shot down airplanes seem far exaggerated, but this might partly stem from different definitions used (hit and damaged vs. completely Downed). Unfortunately aircraft losses seem to be harder to verify, because there is a higher chance they go down behind “friendly” russian lines and thus are far less prone to yield photographic evidence. Or they make it home to base but can’t be repaired and are written off.

2 Likes

Dual citizenship complicates this for Taiwan. Lots of Taiwanese legally have second passports that they could probably use to get out

This is what they get for enabling a terrorist regime for decades. They reap what they sow. We all deserve our governments.

1 Like

You cannot exit Taiwan with a foreign passport if you entered in as Taiwanese. I know this because we forgot our child’s Taiwan passport once at home and she was not allowed to exit even though she has a Schengen passport as well.

And since Taiwan has very few embassies there is no diplomatic protection the same way as maybe in some other places. But on the other hand I very much doubt Taiwan would be forced down this kind of path.

2 Likes

Ukrainian special forces clearing out a Russian held house in Dibrowa village in Donetsk, which is less than 10KM Southeast of Lyman.

Looks like it was a nice house.

Reminds me of this intercepted call about the guy trying his best to loot things for his family, but he doesn’t have a bag to put all the things he wants to nick.

Russian Man: Well, things are high-quality here. I freaked out when I entered a room.

Russian Woman: Imagine, how they lived? And how we live, f**k. That’s what they are fighting for.

2 Likes

Maybe some of you know this guy. He is a YouTuber. Bald and Bankrupt. He used to go to ex soviet countries and introduce them to his viewers.

Well he was arrested in Russia a few months back. He was released after a few days and he made a final video saying he was being banned from Russia and he won’t be making anymore vids.

Here is the video of his interrogation.

2 Likes

According to Novaya Gazeta, classified 7th paragraph of Putin’s decree on mobilisation put number of mobilised at 1 million

:whistle:

1 Like