Ukraine Invasion: General Discussion, November-December 2022

The current Rashism is worse still.

Your doctor might have a cream for that

1 Like

How many international military bases do Russia have compared to the USA?

This will take more than a cream :wink:

In Ukraine? Russia has more

In Japan? US has more, keeps out the Russians

And so on. I know the inconvenient details and facts and nuance complicate your narrative, but think about it…

Either way, a social disease :joy:

spread by ignorance

According to wikipedia, the United States has military bases in 85 countries and territories. Russia, 6-8. Some of the Russkie ones disputed.

Other sources give a wide variety of numbers. US always outnumbers them.

1 Like

I see. Having 900 US bases around the planet must be to keep out Russians.

This is charming.

Funny how wikipedia is a good source when it gives the information one wants, but is dismissed as just wikipedia other times :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Doesnt take half a brain to know that isnt why there are bases in south korea

Or the new base expected in subic bay; for those of us living in Taiwan, US bases in this region are a reassurance

I have no idea what you are insinuating. I was simply trying to assist with the question asked :shrug:

Plenty of other sources for that info also. I’m happy to link those as well, if you prefer. There’s many. They all give a wide variety of numbers. I have no idea how accurate any of them are.

I’ve got no skin in this debate, so no need to attack.

Russia is apparently planning to build military bases in the Central African Republic, Egypt, Eritrea, Madagascar, Mozambique and Sudan.

I wonder how they are progressing? :thinking:

Russia’s imperialism is worse than the USA’s you said.
The need for US bases shows that is not the case.
I would say it is Corporatism with the US and poodles as the cop with cannon fodder fighting in the name of ‘democracy and freedom’. Anything that goes against that is a threat. Plus they need perpetual conflict for some insane reason.
If I was still in Taiwan, I would hope for the Ukraine conflict to never end. Once it has, there will be another one needed.
The same script for decades. Over 50 interventions since WW2 and growing.

There was no attack

Qualitatively, I believe so, yes.

Sure there was. Wikipedia = swamp truth. I reffed wikipedia, therefore I’m a “swamper.”

It’s a snide insult.

Anyway, sure, wikipedia can sometimes be shite. Sometimes it is okay. There are plenty of other places to source info. Choose your own. If you think that specific wiki source was crap, link another. I don’t mind. I was just responding to another poster’s question.

Maybe you can take it up with wiki? Get it all sorted for yourself.

Russian imperialism vs US imperialism. Which is and has been worse? Depends on one’s opinion, doesn’t it? Could be a good question for a new thread.

Probably a heated thread, I’m guessing :laughing:

And i was just pointing out how that other user has called Wikipedia swamp truth. Not me being snide, now you are calling @cake snide, which is the first personal attack I’ve seen here tonight