Undiluted or full strength vinegar?

Anyone know where I could find undiluted or full strength vinegar?

Not for consumption but for cleaning off mold.

Supermarkets?

I know if I go to a supermarket I will be directed to the rice vingar.

Bulk sellers. Look for them in traditional markets. Where do you live?

Near GongGuan.

Hardware store, pharmacy?

Are you in Taipei?

Also. Where is the mould?

Yes, Taipei.
It’s on a leather bag.

Well we have a distributor in Dapinglin but there is a large traditional market in Kuting and close to Technology building.

Costco sell large containers, RT Mart & Carrefour carry it sometimes also.

Sold out online but likely available in store

Would the Chinese term be “pure vinegar” 純醋 ?

There’s one that comes in a glass bottle and it’s usually easy to find at little mom and pop grocery stores. I think it’s something like 40% acetic acid.

Ok. Then I won’t recommend the peroxide-based cleaner at the stores

Go to De Chemical(第一化工) near Beimen and ask for Acetic acid. They should sell pure crystals for you. Chem formula is C2H4O2

1 Like

I did a web search and found this on it:
Jerald Cole, B.S., S.M. Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, SJSU, MIT (1982)

Answered Jul 6, 2017 · Author has 3k answers and 7.8m answer views

I wouldn’t suggest even trying it. Pure acetic acid is amazingly corrosive and can quickly ruin your cloths, burn through leather gloves and boots, and if even the slightest amount of overspray gets on your skin, you could be looking at a long recovery - and that’s assuming you don’t need skin grafts. Inhale any of the spray and it could be a grimacing and excruciatingly painful death over a period of many hours (worst case, of course, but still…).

Pure acetic acid should only be used and handled under tightly controlled conditions, and with adequate forced-draft ventilation.

I’ve worked with the stuff in both laboratory and industrial/commercial situations. It is not to be trifled with.

1 Like

You should be diluting it. Vinegar is acetic acid just dilited. Dilute it in water in the proportions you want.

1 Like

That’s not vinegar.

Ya, quite the surprise when I put that 40% stuff on my 小籠包.

This is it:

Vinegar

That one does not work as well. It is edible.

We want the stuff that goes down like turpentine.

My bottle just says white vinegar.

I find it extremely effective at keeping the bathrooms mold free, bonus is it’s edible and safe to use around kids, pets and inebriated adults. Extremely cheap and comes in a 5L bottle which they’ll deliver to your door when it’s in stock, can’t ask for much more than that.

Hydrogen Peroxide is also very effective and non toxic.

If you have serious mold issues then use a bleach solution, nasty stuff but not nearly as nasty as concentrated acetic acid. Make sure to take the necessary precautions.