University of Virginia Med School research on Life after death

I can’t in good faith add any more to the amount of time apparently wasted on this by watching the video. You have a synopsis?

From a different site I found:

“Some young children, usually between the ages of 2 and 5, speak about memories of a previous life they claim to have lived. At the same time they often show behaviors, such as phobias or preferences, that are unusual within the context of their particular family and cannot be explained by any current life events. These memories appear to be concordant with the child’s statements about a previous life.”

I’m skeptical. In fact, I’m unwilling to spend/waste 62 minutes watching something like this.
If you watch it, please report their BEST evidence.
One possible problem with reports like this… People talk about family members who were shot, lost an arm, etc. Children listen , and maybe the adults that are talking don’t notice that the kid is listening.

2 Likes

Professor Jesus Christ, and other similarly distinguished Professors including Buddha, Jedi Masters etc, said there is life after death, who are we to challenge them right? :wink:

I am not interested in whether there is life after death, I mean the more interesting question is whether in the next life (if there’s one), everyone will still drive as aggressively as Taiwan drivers, because if the answer is yes, then I choose door no 3.

Hmmmmm weak.

Life after death is an oxymoron. And people who believe in it morons. :laughing:

No doubt, but it’s kind of a shorthand for some form of consciousness that survives after the death of the physical body.

Well, most people want to believe that. That’s why we have religion. The idea that this little, insignificant life we have is all there is, is anathema to quite a lot of people.

2 Likes

Here’s a shorter version

1 Like

I’d split hairs and say that’s why we have an interest in a Creator.

That’s why we have religion. My life, while small and brief, is certainly not insignificant. I’m having a pretty good time. And I don’t buy into a Creator or follow a religion.:laughing:

1 Like

Imperfectly functioning brains, it may always be a poorly understood phenomenon. Near-death experiences are worth studying for sure, but the “life after death” title of the first video is a different framing.

Good luck with that.

Near death is not really life after death because you didn’t cross the line into death.

People are clinically dead when their EEG is flat.

But that doesn’t mean that every cell in your body suddenly dies and stops functioning at that time.

1 Like

Just your brain.

Sorry?

Your brain is dead when the EEG is flat.

The people were unconscious when they recalled events in the room.

And has anyone returned to life after experiencing zero activity on an EEG? I think you’re deader than dead when that happens :slight_smile: Clinical death is defined as cessation of blood circulation and breathing from what I see, and brain activity typically continues for several minutes after that.

And what do you think the significance of that is?

Yes. They’ve been able to resuscitate more and more dead people thanks to modern technology.

When you die and are brought back to life, is Heaven/whatever a really bright light that you witness?