Upcoming Concerts 2010

I was browsing this site and found some shows I thought people may be interested in knowing about: ticket.com.tw/

Placebo - March 13th, 2010 Taipei International Convention Center Hall
Kelly Clarkson - May 6th, 2010 NTU Gymnasium
Tears for Fears - May 8th, 2010 NTU Gymnasium

[quote=“citizen k”]I was browsing this site and found some shows I thought people may be interested in knowing about: ticket.com.tw/

Placebo - March 13th, 2010 Taipei International Convention Center Hall
Kelly Clarkson - May 6th, 2010 NTU Gymnasium
Tears for Fears - May 8th, 2010 NTU Gymnasium[/quote]

Tears for Fears? omg…that could get weird

I’m sure most of you will be quite upest thet you missed the Backstreet Boys last night.

I was at the Yellowjackets…that was pretty cool.

there’s actually a good amount of concerts in March. I want to see Placebo in March and see a few bands down in Kaohsiung at the festival down there March 13-20

LTJ Bukem and MC Conrad are in Taipei some time soon. Great act.

I saw Placebo in Cape Town nine years ago. I wasn’t particularly impressed.

yeah for like the 19th time…

yeah for like the 19th time…[/quote]

Seriously.
They seem to be on permanent rotation at Luxy.

Ciizen;
Thanks for the information. I hope I can come join.
Sounds like a really good time.

[quote=“the bear”]

Tears for Fears? omg…that could get weird[/quote]

Back in NZ, they’re playing with Spandau Ballet.

ERA Ticket’s March brochure has info on the following:

Richard Marx - 2010 World Tour
4/17 (Sat) 19:30 @ Taipei Arena
ticket.com.tw/dm.asp?P1=0000010375

Deep Purple
5/8 @ Nangang Exhibition Hall
ticket.com.tw/dm.asp?P1=0000010374

and for any musical fans, there is a production of Jekyll & Hyde coming to Taiwan from 6/17 - 7/12, playing in Taipei, Taichung, Tainan and Kaohsiung. Info is available at KHAM’s website…
kham.com.tw/ad.asp?P1=0000008393

Helmuth Rilling conducts Bach’s St John Passion on Sunday, March 14, at the National Concert Hall.

[quote=“WaltzingMatilda”]ERA Ticket’s March brochure has info on the following:

Deep Purple

[/quote]

Wow, had no idea they were still around. That might actually be kinda cool.

[quote=“cranky laowai”]Helmuth Rilling conducts Bach’s St John Passion on Sunday, March 14, at the National Concert Hall.

[/quote]
V and I already got our tickets! And coincidentally, [wikipedia]Helmuth Rilling[/wikipedia] was my dad’s mentor many moons ago at the Internationale Bachakademie in Stuttgart, Germany.

Cranky, will you be there? We can meet up for a drink before or after… :slight_smile:

Is formal wear required? I would like to attend but I’m not bringing any in the suitcase just for this.

Formal wear? In Taiwan? Don’t worry too much about it. But something more upscale than a T-shirt would certainly be appropriate if you have it.

Maoman, I’d love to meet you and the missus and whoever else before the show.

I’d better go buy a ticket now, because I just noticed that the concert’s getting close to being sold out.

Anyone else going to be there? The concert starts at 7:30, but Vanessa and I are going to meet Cranky outside the concert hall for a drink beforehand.

[quote=“cfimages”][quote=“WaltzingMatilda”]ERA Ticket’s March brochure has info on the following:

Deep Purple

[/quote]

Wow, had no idea they were still around. That might actually be kinda cool.[/quote]

Publicity already out on TV!!!

800 to 4000 nts per ticket. Quite reasonable. But the TWTC Nangang?! Are they kidding me?!

[b]Bahm Bahm Bah!
Bahm Bahm BaDah!
Bahm Bahm Bah!
Bahm Bah!

Slooooooooow talkin’ Walllllllllter!
The Fire Engine Guy![/b]

(First song I taught my girls on the keyboards)

This one’s a little harder to play.