Upcoming Music Events in Taiwan

BUMP…Bon Iver this Wednesday…good tickets available. Highly recommend this gig.[/quote]

Slim pickins, but here we are.

***Tix prices in New Taiwan Dollars

Feb. 24
Bon Iver @ Taipei Int’l Convention Center (TICC)
Cheapest seat in the house is $1,650. Capital-P plenty of tix still available. $4,200 will put you so close to the stage you’ll scare the band. Have fun with that. http://www.viagogo.com/tw/Concert-Tickets/Country-and-Folk/Bon-Iver-Tickets/E-1367672

Feb. 29
5 Seconds of Summer @ NTU Sports Center
Approx. $2,000 will put you in the nosebleed section for One Direction Lite. [Above link will take you there, but I dunno about getting you home.]

Mar. 2
Diana Krall @ Chiang Kai-shek Monument of Hubris and Shame aka the National Theater
I guess it’s a little too late for Mel Torme to storm through town, so scooby-doobie-doo. I hope she does that one. You can’t even get in the door for less than $3,250.

Mar. 14
Richard Marx @ TICC
Who needs Air Supply when you can mainline this jackass? He’s from my hometown. I can and will call him a jackass to his fucking face if I want. But I’m not paying $2,300 for the pleasure.

May 21
Damien Rice @ TICC
Who is this guy? Some kind of Irish John Prine? Or a cut-out bin James Blunt? I don’t get it. He had one hit (“The Blower’s Daughter”) in 2001. 2001.