Urinal Etiquette

Yesterday, I was mystfied once again.

Picture this. Men’s washroom, 5 urinals along one wall, all empty.

I enter the washroom and go to the end one. Some dude comes in, as has happened many times previously, (diff dude, btw) and does he stand at the other end as urinal etiquette dictates? No, he stands right beside me. :astonished:

Gentlemen. This violates the Universal Law of Urinal Etiquette, which doesn’t seem to apply in Taiwan.

To test your Urinal Etiquette click here (A bit of friday fun)

Yeah, how about this one, this happens at my office ALL THE TIME:
3 urinals, you come in, there’s one guy there, and the stupid feck is using THE MIDDLE ONE, forcing YOU to abrogate The Rules…gormless bastids…

He’s probably gay and only wants to see the size of your penis.

Let’s start a "RESTROOM’ topic!

What did you hear, see or smell in a restroom?

-Were they doing it?
-Was there an original object in the toilet?
-Did you smell anything in particular?

Or do a search and find the one that was started last spring. :wink:

[quote=“the chief”]Yeah, how about this one, this happens at my office ALL THE TIME:
3 urinals, you come in, there’s one guy there, and the stupid feck is using THE MIDDLE ONE, forcing YOU to abrogate The Rules…gormless bastids…[/quote]

go into the bog you never use and pee all over the seat. that’ll learn 'em.

[quote=“AWOL”][quote=“the chief”]Yeah, how about this one, this happens at my office ALL THE TIME:
3 urinals, you come in, there’s one guy there, and the stupid feck is using THE MIDDLE ONE, forcing YOU to abrogate The Rules…gormless bastids…[/quote]

go into the bog you never use and pee all over the seat. that’ll learn 'em.[/quote]

Apparently 6 or 8 of my co-workers already adopted that strategy…

I read “click here” as “dick here” Please, can I have glasses now.

What about the toilet seat rule? Should I leave it up or down after I’m done? I remember vaguely the Taiwanese rule and the Western rule say the opposite.

I am mystified by the same phenomenon involving guys getting too close at the urinals. Of course having elephantiasis of the nuts means that I often need a bit of extra space on both sides. :frowning:

Also, why is it that restaurant bathrooms often have “male” and “female” signs for stalls in which the man gets only a urinal. It’s as if Taiwanese don’t think that men need to take a dump from time to time. Sheesh! :unamused:

yeah, but one of the good things about living here is that if there are 2 choices (for #2), the Taiwanese are most likely to take the squatter instead of the sitter. (in my office anyway).

Add this on topic (rehashed) humor: Alternate name for a dump

Massive, gassive far from passive, gnarled and twisted, double fisted, thunder and lightning, bystander frightening, blowtorching, enamel scorching, air raidin’, nut laden, olfactorily dubious, Mount Vesuvius, bowl grabbing, sphincter stabbing, straining, screaming, soft and steaming, dinner wretching, rectum stretching, temple bursting, knockwursting, gluteus slashing, bombay splashing, misbehaving, tidalwaving, bunghole bleeding, sportspage reading, suffocating, fumigating, straining, grunting, fourth down we’re punting, overcasting, stripmine blasting, pell mell, smells like hell, rear ejecting, biceps flexing, offshore dumping, methane pumping, hollering, squealing, wallpaper peeling, weekend spoiling, cauldron boiling, loosen your belting, shower curtain melting constitutional.

One problem with the sit toilets is that you can get diseases from them.

Stop licking them.

Stop licking them.[/quote]

That is nice. People helping people. :bravo:

Damn, Comrade… :laughing: Once again you provide helpful advice to those in most desperate need. I’m certain that, armed with this knowledge, MFGR will live a healthier life henceforth.

[quote=“Comrade Stalin”]

It’s an unfortunate habit.

The drug store sells little bottles of stuff you can paint on so it tastes bad.

Well, in our office the gentlemen’s room is a permanent habitat of cleaning ladies! I mean, you’ll find them there most of the time. Locals just ignore the fact, but I find it disturbing when lady enters the room and starts mopping the floor right behind my back while I’m taking a piss.

Knowing now how much this kind of thing scares you, truant, I can finally understand why you always insist on sharing my urinal, even when there’s no one else in there. :s

Some of us find it rather titillating.

Some of us find it rather titillating.[/quote]

I could have guessed you were a cleaning lady, CS. :laughing: