USA and gun control

Since you can’t bring yourself to say a kind word when someone stepped out of a car to stop a stranger getting beaten by someone with a baseball bat, OF COURSE you won’t give him an ounce of credit for anything. Classic case of Trump derangement syndrome.

It’s debatable if that even happened. Here a tip: just because it appears in the NY Daily News doesn’t make it true

1 Like

Who’s more credible, a man with a history like his, or a human being selected at random? It’s simple math.

I’m now waiting for Rollo to chime in about how proud Sun Zi would be of Donnie over the book deal.

Step 1: Become famous.
Step 2: Get someone to write a book with your name on it.
Step 3: Enjoy both the monetary benefit and the expansion/extension of your fame.

That’s the real art of the deal! :money_mouth_face:

Trump%20smart

Please. You know as well as anyone how the process works, Trumps sits down with his chosen writer and explains his ideas and processes, writer goes away and writes a book and Trump reviews it later.

Did the writer have a problem with Art of the Deal before Trump ran for president? I don’t think so, he had 30 years to speak up. Now Trump is the devil incarnate. Just another blithering idiot sheep so used to the Globalist approach of the US government that jumps on the bandwagon of celebrities virtue signalling each other to the MSM’s delight and that of the establishment who see Trump’s America’s first approach as threatening the profits of corporations that operate without boarders and LOVE trade deals like NAFTA. Too bad for Mr. rainbow socks that is almost certainly going in the trash can.

2 Likes

If you insist on dichotomizing like that, you leave no room for people who have non-globalist reasons for criticizing the Don, of which there are many.

1 Like

There are many. Anyone who has been in the public spotlight for so long will be the same, perhaps normally not accumulating as many negative talking points as Trump has managed to do.

There are even those who openly advocate Globalism, although I only have had the pleasure of discussing the topic with one person who believes in it. Most Democrats still seem to relegate Globalism to tin foil hat conspiracy theories.

But how you respond and post is a reflection of your thinking. If every event surrounding Trump is negative, it comes across as looking for a particular outcome that suits your view of trump.

So Trump didn’t write the book himself. What’s your point? The ideas that are in there are not his own? He didn’t sit down and discuss with the author what was going in there? Are you seriously trying to imply he had nothing to do with the book?

Your bias is so loud and glaring even discussing (as Termpo points out" if" it happened) he got out of a car to help a stranger from being bludgeoned with a baseball bat, to acknowledge, “that was a nice thing to do”, but you can’t, because you seem to be consumed with Trump Derangement Syndrome.

1 Like

Is that going to be in the next DSM?

Seriously, Mick, there is a Covfefist lovefest here every day. Can I not make cynical comments about that lovefest without pointing out completely useless, obvious things such as if a person tries to be a good Samaritan it’s, like, a good thing?

1 Like

Here’s the thing. It’s not like it’s some random personage who it was reported about, and you could say, why else would they print that. Trump’s publicity machine was in full bloom back them, and the tabloids would have published it if someone said they saw him stopping someone from taking a dump. Trump has always been like this, and that’s why people rightly doubt the veracity of something like this, far more than the ordinary need to confirm facts etc.

Feel free to lay into the guy, I have heard it said there is lots of pro Trump posts here, there are plenty of people that hate his guts posting too.

When does it become deranged? I was watching a segment on Tucker Carlson yesterday (according to some on the left, I shouldn’t watch that show, silencing and banning ideas from people they don’t like seems to be a bit of a trend, but I digress).

So he’s talking about illegal immigrants with someone who was defending them, Tucker being a right wing talking show host, his position on illegal immigration doesn’t need to be explained. At the end of the segment, I guess after feeling he got nowhere and his guest not having conceded any concern Tucker might have he asks “Is there any problem you can see with having open boarders and an influx of illegal immigrants?”. To which the guest replies “oh yes, the illegal immigrants are often victims of people who are trying to exploit them”

It’s actually a fair point, but in the context of the conversation it is deranged, he knew full well what Tucker was referring to, he just couldn’t bring himself to concede anything. Sound familiar?

1 Like

Of course it sounds familiar, on both sides, on both sides.

1 Like

If The Donald didn’t write the book, then he must have at least read it.

May all your enemies be stupid.

I’m just basking in all the covfefe here.

So, how about that gun control?

But hopefully not too stupid, 'cause then it may rub off on you. :dizzy_face:

Supposedly Trump doesnt read books or anything really.
I guess he may have read his own biography though , just in case.

‘‘Wolff quotes economic adviser Gary Cohn writing in an email: “It’s worse than you can imagine … Trump won’t read anything—not one-page memos, not the brief policy papers, nothing. He gets up halfway through meetings with world leaders because he is bored’’

So back to the Topic… Trump ruffled the NRA feathers and seems to be proposing things that 'may" actually get into Law ,in the Partisan situation in Washington. However, even though it seems the most reasonable way to actually get something done…now…the democrats just will not allow a moderate change. Extreme changes , or nothing , That’s going to work out then.

Again, explain to me if I missed it, how someone with a gun, the good guy, will stop someone else with a Friggin AR-15 and 500 rounds.

Americans don’t let quibbling concerns like that get between them and their rod of iron.

The good guys are the law-abiding NRA members, most of who have undergone extensive training, spend a lot of time practicing at the shooting range, and are crack shots. These are the people you want to have around (and packing) when a wacko with an AR-15 shows up.

Then the alarm clock went off.