Useless Observations

It’s November in Taiwan. I like not sweating.

My eyes are burning from sitting in front of the computer all day. I’m going now… to see some real people.

8 inches of snow and 1 mm of freezing rain outside. Winter’s here.

Every morning I wake up and think to myself…

“OK…where the heck am I now?”

If it is raining outside the humidity index is 100%.

Is that to say, if the humidity index is 100% it is raining outside?

the hill outside my window has not moved yet.

Is that to say, if the humidity index is 100% it is raining outside?[/quote]

Sadly, no. However–if my memory serves–it is correct to say that if the humidity index is NOT 100%, then it is not raining outside.

Aiiiiyooooooo…

Ant on monitor will die.

My God…you’re from Winnipeg?

Cheers!

[quote=“rousseau”]

My God…you’re from Winnipeg?[/quote]
More or less.

You?

EDIT: Reminds me of a scene from a Simpsons episode where the kids in the back seat of the car are acting up and giving Homer and Marge a tough time while on a family vacation, and Homer turns around and says to them “if you kids don’t settle down, I’m going to turn around and we’re going right back to Winnipeg”. The kids don’t let out another peep.

[quote=“Mer”][quote=“rousseau”]

More or less.

You?

EDIT: Reminds me of a scene from a Simpsons episode where the kids in the back seat of the car are acting up and giving Homer and Marge a tough time while on a family vacation, and Homer turns around and says to them “if you kids don’t settle down, I’m going to turn around and we’re going right back to Winnipeg”. The kids don’t let out another peep.[/quote]
Heh - I’ve got you guys beat. I was born in Winkler, Manitoba. :smiley:

[quote=“Mer”][quote=“rousseau”]

More or less.

You?[/quote]
I don’t know if this counts as a useless observation, but I lived there for six years and went to U of W. Three guys and myself had a run-down house on Simcoe Street near Portage that cost us $200 a month. In total.

I’m not from there, and I could never live there again, but I do have wonderful turn-of-the-twenties memories. Winnipeg looms large in my coming-of-age consciousness. I used to drink at the Albert. Played in a band that did three songs on a Saturday afternoon at that little square in the Exchange District. Lost my virginity. Had a girlfriend and everything.

One day in April, when it was still quite cold, me and two friends hopped a grain train from Winnipeg to Kenora. We caught it just down from North Main. There was a platform on each end of the car, and we stood on it for three hours as we whizzed through the darkness. We spent the night in a tent, had a crummy breakfast at a greasy spoon, and then hopped a train back to Winnipeg that was carrying cars and trucks which had obviously stopped or at least slowed down in Kenora. I stole the spare gearshift knob from a brand new truck and kept it as a souvenir. A souvenir of 1991.

I want my gearshift knob back.

[quote=“Maoman”][quote=“Mer”][quote=“rousseau”]

More or less.

You?

EDIT: Reminds me of a scene from a Simpsons episode where the kids in the back seat of the car are acting up and giving Homer and Marge a tough time while on a family vacation, and Homer turns around and says to them “if you kids don’t settle down, I’m going to turn around and we’re going right back to Winnipeg”. The kids don’t let out another peep.[/quote]
Heh - I’ve got you guys beat. I was born in Winkler, Manitoba. :smiley:[/quote]
Hold on there buddy-boy. I’m actually from Morden, Manitoba, not Winnipeg, but no one knows where it is, so I usually say I’m from Winnipeg.

So Maoman, it comes down to a fight between neighbors. Morden vs. Winkler. Put up your dukes!! :taz: (maybe we can sell tickets?)

Awesome dark smelly little venue for punk and metal shows. I drank many a (way too many) Labatt 50 there.
Oh, the memories…

Seriously though, if you know people in Winnipeg, it is a great city, lots of fun, etc. Lots of trouble you can get yourself into too!!

This useless thread is an amazing eight pages long.

Hold on there buddy-boy. I’m actually from Morden, Manitoba, not Winnipeg, but no one knows where it is, so I usually say I’m from Winnipeg.

So Maoman, it comes down to a fight between neighbors. Morden vs. Winkler. Put up your dukes!! :taz: (maybe we can sell tickets?)[/quote]
Morden wins - you guys have a liquor store. Winkler has the Old Time Value Days festival. :laughing: