Using EZ Way without residence permit

Hey all!

I’m in Taipei for a few months on a tourist visa (and that’s it) that allows me to stay in the country for 3 months.

I’ve been shopping online in Shopee and COD and everything has been smooth enough.

Now I got a replacement piece for some headphones I have and the manufacturer shipped it from China. It’s a cheap and small package but they emailed me saying the courier needs to authenticate with my real name through the EZ Way app otherwise the package cannot be cleared.

I’m trying to sign up:

What am I supposed to upload here? I guess my passport would be the only thing? Do you think I can get the package cleared in any way?

I assume it’s wanting photos of your passport and the EZ Way part should be fine nowadays, but I’d be prepared to have issues with Shopee because their KYC system and EZ Way integration aren’t really set up for foreigners, let alone foreigners without an ARC (you presumably don’t have a Chinese name on your ID?):

Who is “they”? Shopee or the seller? If the seller is e-mailing you, it’s possible you might have somehow got past the part where Shopee causes problems.

If you mean the Shopee notifications/e-mails about registering with EZ Way, well… good luck.

I made a mistake by mentioning Shopee as it is not involved in this deal at all. It is a direct contact with the supplier from China.

Indeed I do not have an ARC at all.

https://htm.sf-express.com/tw/en/dynamic_function/clearance/clearance_pictureUpload/

I uploaded my ID here using the tracking number and managed to sign up on the EZ Way app. Though with translator or browsing this from I cannot find SF Express in this list, perhaps you can enlighten me?

I also got a call from customer service today but phone was on Do Not Disturb and I’m scared to call back as I can’t speak any mandarin :smiley:

This probably makes it easier for you.

I don’t know about this either. I’m not sure whether that’s the right option tbh.

I think you should answer the phone or call back. Based on past experience, I’d expect the first person to not speak any English, then they’ll scramble around to find someone who does.

1 Like

It’s not in this list. It’s called 順豐 but this list brings you to the paper authorization forms for manual signing, which you usually don’t need.

If you have a pending authorization request, it will show up when you tap on the biggest green button in the main page. If it says “no data found” then that means the courier hasn’t submitted the request to you yet. You may need to reply to the shipper’s email and give them your full name and passport number (or whatever ID document you used in the app) and let them know that you’ve signed up for the app so they can attempt again.

It could also mean a manual paper signature is required (very rare), or your app isn’t set up correctly yet. You’ll know the app is set up correctly if you see a “validated” tag in the main page.

I doubt the app is “properly” setup as it asks for ARC or a residence permit. This happens if I click on “Real Name authorization”.

I’d just do the best you can then e-mail them at ezway@tradevan.com.tw with your username and pictures of your passport or whatever if you’re still having problems. English is fine, and they’ve always been pretty good (and surprisingly fast) when responding to me.

Oh yeah that’s the first thing you need to do. I thought you’ve already uploaded your passport from one of your previous posts:

Once you’ve uploaded it, you’ll still need to wait for them to approve it before you can do anything in the app.

If the app doesn’t allow you to upload your passport ID page, then I would email them as someone else suggested.

There are only two of us plus OP in the thread, and my post suggesting that is immediately above yours. You don’t need to refer to me as “someone else” lol. :roll_eyes:

Couldn’t scroll up to see your name when I was in the middle of typing.