Vacation advice in Taiwan (2020)

It’s far from ‘Little Paradise’. It’s worth a visit though. And because it’s very undeveloped you can relax there in the off season. Xiao Liu Qiu on the other hand would be a little paradise if they controlled the scooters.

I wouldn’t pay this either, there are deals online much better if you dig around tho.

SE Asia ypu can find place far cheaper, but I don’t think you’d get a place just as good or bettter. This place is really unique; Ive been all over SE and East Asia and very few places like this. (Infinity pool, Taroko gorge, very good for kids etc).

1 Like

Headed off to Taitung this weekend. Planning to hire a tour guide/taxi for an afternoon tour for 4-5 hours. Can you suggest a schedule? Start point would the Sheraton.

Up the coast stopping along the way at ocean side parks, harbors, coffee shops, attractions, etc. Pull in wherever you see an interesting lane as will frequently find a nice view, coffee shop, etc.

Go as far as Shihtiping if you can, beautiful view of oceans and mountains together, can eat seafood at the harbor or couple restaurants just before harbor. Judge as your driving if want to turn around earlier.

If you have time and feel like it, cross over the mountains to central Rift Valley for the drive back to Taitung.

It’s still very nice in the rain.

Nothing down the coast.

Pack a raincoat and just get lost see what you find.

@BiggusDickus

Ran across this yesterday if you’re still looking. Silks has some deals

Cheers, mate.

Feeling down, or feeling stuck?

Watching these guys—a Belgian couple waiting out the COVID-19 crisis in Taiwan, and a Kaohsiung resident and youtuber called Wes—touring around Kenting may be just the thing to cheer you up. It’s great to see their positive energy in these unhappy times.

Guy

3 Likes

My travel agent recommended this one

http://www.villa18.com.tw/

Looks great but not for me, no pets allowed. But it has a lovely decor, a garden, pick up, nearby attractions, food, etc.

1 Like

2020 has turned out to be not a travelling year!

This newly opened suspension bridge in Nantou’s Xinyi Township does not appear to be for the faint of heart:

Guy

2 Likes

Another spot that also appears to be not for the faint of heart: hiking along old Mianyue Line (眠月線) up in Alishan in Chiayi County. Permits are required. Some great photos posted here:

Guy

4 Likes

I don’t enjoy suspension bridges unless they have a slat or two missing and no entry sign posted at either end.

#canthelpitImjustoldschool

3 Likes

And five bussloads of Chinese tourists ignoring the max two people at the time sign.

3 Likes

Definitely not for me, but might be a good alternative for someone.

Regarding going to Yilan… traffic is a nightmare.

I was on my way to Nangang and the line of cars trying to get into the Shueshan tunnel went almost all the way to Xindian.

1 Like

did you ask your pets where they care to go? :joy_cat:

As long as it is outside, any place is good.

1 Like

Everywhere is booked up even on weekdays throughout August. I said to my wife that even if we manage to get a room, and I’m sure we will, it will be really busy and consequently crap.

It’s going to be a loooong summer.

1 Like
2 Likes