Vaccine requirement for teachers

The health authorities have cautioned, dude!

Hi, seeings as no one corrected you, I need to point out that vaccines do in fact help prevent transmission. Not 100% obviously, but enough that schools have made these rules:

Yes, obviously they don’t provide 100% protection given the experience of highly vaccinated countries like Israel, Singapore and others. It wasn’t even part of the trials that they did prevent transmission, only that they reduce just one of several mild symptoms.

Thanks for the link to the opinion piece. I guess schools, like the governments and health departments are just following the science.

The main point of vaccines is not to do with preventing transmission,” says Anika Singanayagam, academic clinical lecturer in adult infectious disease at Imperial College London. “The main reasons for vaccines for covid-19 is to prevent illness and death.” Therefore, we shouldn’t be too disappointed that it’s still possible to pass on the virus while vaccinated, she says, “Damping down on transmission is not a particularly easy thing with omicron.”

And

They’re recognising that vaccines aren’t preventing transmission, and you’ve got too many people having to isolate,” says Bauld. “Policymakers have decided that the game’s up on transmission, but that you need a different approach.”

These are from the article.

1 Like

Bosses that are about money and not ego love long termers with aprc/jfrv. it’s the needle dicks that have a superiority complex. There are good employers around that just want the job done better. If one cannot find one, open a company. There is a reason taiwan is the land small businesses.

Could we have an update on this, please?
I am moving back to Taiwan after having been away for four years. I was under the impression that the mask mandate was the last covid- related restriction to be lifted, but I am still coming across the occasional teaching job advert saying that proof of vaccination is required to apply. Is there still a govt vaccine mandate for teachers or is that entirely the school’s own requirement? And can they legally require teaching staff to be vaxxed if there is no govt requirement?

Thanks in advance for your clarification.

No

It’s more that some parents still care about teachers being vaccinated and it thus makes business sense for the schools to require it.

But no need to worry. There are still plenty of vaccines available and you can get them free of charge.

1 Like

Or he can try different schools until he finds one that doesn’t care, should be some out there one would think :thinking:

3 Likes

They probably haven’t changed their job advert.

1 Like

Nothing in this world is free. The parents want a lot of stuff. Only clowns bend to their every demand though.

1 Like

Many thanks ya all for your replies. Blimey, Taiwan does strike me as a country that has undergone some of the worst government propaganda on this, sadly. The ignorance of parents in this respect is kind of chilling, especially nowadays with everything we now know. Yes, probably I will have to endure until I find a school that does not require that. But it´s good to know what the actual situation is like.

Most people in Taiwan actually believe that being vaccinated stops you from transmitting the virus. It’s what their grandmas said, so it must be true.

To be fair, a lot of people were cramming that down peoples throats when they were on their anti vax witch hunt. The tv and social media were going on about it at the time as well. makes sense people believe it.

Well, you don’t believe it and I don’t believe it, but millions of Taiwanese do. Why? deference to authority and filial piety. They don’t even go online like they love doing and check up on it. They just accept it as true because someone older than them said so.

1 Like

to be fair, probably 98% of the non taiwanese I am close with believed it as well… Many of the canadians I know back how were full on gung ho for the mandates and were posting nearly daily about testing can vaccination. it was (is) really a fascinating thing to observe. The panic and eventual paranoia wasnt anything special in Taiwan.

interestingly, the same canadians i know wanting to ban Americans from coming up a year or 2 ago were also calling trump racist for saying the same thing about china in the beginning :sweat_smile: I fear irony is becoming an endangered species.

2 Likes