Vaccine requirement for teachers

In my buxiban last semester, once loads of students started getting Covid, ALL teachers had to take weekly rapid antigen self-tests, regardless of vaccine status.

And now?

My school were strict and asking us to test if a kid had it. Now, they donā€™t even tell me. Too much trouble if the teacher is off.

Yeah they definitely donā€™t want to go back to online or hybrid classes again, so I donā€™t know if everyone will be required to do the weekly testing this semesterā€¦

Thatā€™s what happened at my school as well, but donā€™t you dare point that out to anybody at the schools pushing the vaccine narrative as I did, because its too much for them to handle.

So I say to someone who wants me to be vaccinated, how do you explain that when one child (in a class where everyone is fully vaccinated) comes down with COVID, they send everyone home because others come down with it as well?

They canā€™t.

So they just continue with the lies that the vaccines stop the spread as do permanent masking along with all the nonsensical wearing / not wearing of masks like at the childrenā€™s party when you get berated for having it under your nose just before the party, then the birthday student pulls his mask down, blows out the candles and all masks come down for the next 10 minutes to eat the cake. Nobody says anything about what just happened.

They want us to teach kids critical thinking, but what goes on at the schools is a level of stupidity and irrationality that cannot be defended.

4 Likes

Yup, the fact that itā€™s educators pushing this BS doesnā€™t bode well for the future.

Same thing happened in other countries. In the US, it was teachers unions fanatically pushing for compulsory masks and vaccines.

It seems to me that teachers (or perhaps the sort of teachers who rise to positions of political power) lack a particular component in their education, but Iā€™ve been informed that that is a verboten subject for discussion.

The problem is that vaccines got Gucci-fied and LVā€™ed to the point that teachers were getting whatever was popular that week. The FB and Line teacherā€™s groups that my wife belongs to had little, if any, pushback discussions. Getting the AZ or MIT one indicated you didnā€™t have the guanxi. Critical thinking goes out the window if youā€™re going to feel left out, much like mask wearing on scooters even though itā€™s been deemed unnecessary.

1 Like

The latterā€”Medigen, in case some forumosans have lost trackā€”was for some a marker of being a true patriot.

I have also had the dubious pleasure of listening to another kind of patriot boasting about his travels to China during the pandemic to get a vaccine made in (what he clearly thought of as) the motherland. No I am not making this up.

Guy

Heā€™s a vaccine obsessed fool.

Lucky him. Just a traditional deactivated virus, correct?

Little chance of him having the complications sometimes seen with mRNA vaccines.

And heā€™ll catch the virus just like anyone else who had whatever vaccine they had and develop better, natural immunity.

Huh? The guy had a custom vaccine created? They probably just took his money and gave him something filled with old pinball machine parts.

I will not dispute the noun in that sentence.

Guy

The whole thing has been a Madison Ave. wet dream. Even though theyā€™ll be waking up in the morning with an air hockey puck in their shorts, theyā€™ll be basing marketing classes on it.

I thought he went to China to get Sinovac.

Ah, I see. I misread that as some rich guy going to China to literally have a vaccine made.

1 Like

That would make a better story for sure.

No, it was a teacher who joyfully made his way to the motherland for a shot or two sinosomethingorother.

I think he became nationally (in)famous for his journey after boasting about it on some social media platform, though I donā€™t have any links to share with you to corroborate this.

Guy

1 Like

Were people not free to pick and choose their preferred vaccines? Didnā€™t you do that?

1 Like

Pharmaceutical products manufactured in China are not legal to be imported here.

And the health authorities also cautioned that flying around to get a vaccine (aka vaccine tourism) likely exposed one to more risks than needed (this was addressed when the J&J vaccine became available in Guam).

You can draw your own conclusions about this guyā€™s special journey.

Guy

Considering there were virtually no significant risks for the majority of the population if not taking any vaccine, I suppose this makes sense.

1 Like

I suppose itā€™s technically true that someone flying to China for vaccination is being exposed to the risk of a plane crash, which is roughly comparable to your risk of catching COVID during said excursion and dying as a result. But I guess these things are irrelevant in modern-day COVID calculus.