View new posts view

Suddenly the list of of posts is half the page width and the other half is want ads.
I don’t care about want ads, this is really annoying, can I get my old view back?

Yes, please.

I agree. Please give us the old view back, without the half-page of ads.

I’m glad the Taiwanted ads are back, but maybe the bottom of the page where they were before is better?

Or as a short term measure you could only put thin adverts at the top in that column. The fat adverts expand the whole column and shrink the post list.
The links to Taiwanted ads don’t work anyway.

Click on those links and it just reloads the existing page. I assume this is because its only half-done. Once its finished, I surely hope those ads take up the appropriate space – half the damn page is less than appropriate.

Thank you for the feedback - keep it coming

Sandman is correct, these are ads that are on the new version of Taiwanted, which is still being developed. Based on what you can see, we are pretty close to finally getting this in place

I’ll “activate” the links after I’ve updated the latest rounds of ads from the current live website and alerted those who have posted them to have a look. They will need to polish up the ads on the new website because migrating the ads over will not be 100% smooth

So far, we are pretty happy with what we have at the new website. If you are interested in seeing it and giving feedback, please PM me

too true.
:discodance:

too true.
:discodance:[/quote]
:blush:
You got me
I’ve edited my original post

PLEASE
now edit the
webpage to
get rid of
those damned ads.
It’s incredibly
ugly and incredibly
annoying. Surely
the people
putting the ads
up don’t want the
potential readers
to be so incensed
by their obtrusive
nature that they
refuse on principle
to have anything
to do with the stuff
they’re touting?
Christ, man, it’s
worse than bloody spam! :fume:
(The above is what the ads are doing to the thread titles on the “new posts” page.
Unacceptable and surely counterproductive.

The posts/replies seems to be in one column now, not sure how it looked before, but it did look better.
Are you now pointing out edits as if to say “look here, this person spelt something wrong, even though he fixed it, look what an idiot he is”
You’re breaking things that don’t need fixing, Gus.

[quote=“sandman”]PLEASE
now edit the
webpage to
get rid of
those damned ads.
It’s incredibly
ugly and incredibly
annoying. Surely
the people
putting the ads
up don’t want the
potential readers
to be so incensed
by their obtrusive
nature that they
refuse on principle
to have anything
to do with the stuff
they’re touting?
Christ, man, it’s
(The above is what the ads are doing to the thread titles on the “new posts” page.
Unacceptable and surely counterproductive.[/quote]I’m sorry to hear you are having these problems, sandman. I will need to know more about your set up because I don’t have the same problems you are having (not here, PM me)

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]The posts/replies seems to be in one column now, not sure how it looked before, but it did look better.
Are you now pointing out edits as if to say “look here, this person spelt something wrong, even though he fixed it, look what an idiot he is”
You’re breaking things that don’t need fixing, Gus.[/quote]I don’t understand - how would putting the post/replies in one column point out spelling errors?!?

And while you’re at it, could you also lose the colour photos of dorks on the “message submitted” page? Its drawing unwanted attention in my office and if I can’t look at the flob at work I won’t look at it at all.

[quote=“Goose Egg”][quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]The posts/replies seems to be in one column now, not sure how it looked before, but it did look better.
You’re breaking things that don’t need fixing, Gus.[/quote]I don’t understand - how would putting the post/replies in one column point out spelling errors?!?[/quote]2 different points. 1) Putting the posts and replies in one column. 2) Putting “edited by…” at the bottom of posts. On second thoughts, maybe your post above had that as a moderator feature?

[quote=“sandman”]And while you’re at it, could you also lose the colour photos of dorks on the “message submitted” page? Its drawing unwanted attention in my office and if I can’t look at the flob at work I won’t look at it at all.[/quote]They seem to be on every page. But you do have the choice to scroll down or not on other pages. Would pictures of you be less offensive?

[quote=“sandman”]PLEASE
now edit the
webpage to
get rid of
those damned ads.
It’s incredibly
ugly and incredibly
annoying. Surely
the people
putting the ads
up don’t want the
potential readers
to be so incensed
by their obtrusive
nature that they
refuse on principle
to have anything
to do with the stuff
they’re touting?
Christ, man, it’s
([color=#FF0000]The above is what the ads are doing to the thread titles on the “new posts” page.[/color][/quote]
That’s weird - it isn’t doing that with any of the three computers I use. Can you take a screen shot?

[quote=“Maoman”]That’s weird - it isn’t doing that with any of the three computers I use. Can you take a screen shot?[/quote]He’s referring to the “replies(views)” being in one column. Even if you stretch the window out it still does that. It does look different but I can’t for the life of me say what it used to look like. It just looks different. Maybe they used to be in separate columns?

I plan to put a big banner ad zone on the message submitted pages. That should push down the dork photos below your browser’s viewable area. But I will give some thought to selective placing those photos

I can’t do a screenshot. Anyway, it doesn’t seem to be quite so bad now – its just the problem of the unattractiveness of having those ads plastered all over half the screen.
Is there some way for people to avoid seeing them? Would one of those Adblock programs work?
Or maybe you could keep one page free of them – I’d be prepared to use “last 24 hours” instead of “new posts” if it meant I could avoid the ads.

[quote=“sandman”]I can’t do a screenshot. Anyway, it doesn’t seem to be quite so bad now – its just the problem of the unattractiveness of having those ads plastered all over half the screen.
Is there some way for people to avoid seeing them? Would one of those Adblock programs work?
Or maybe you could keep one page free of them – I’d be prepared to use “last 24 hours” instead of “new posts” if it meant I could avoid the ads.[/quote]
An ad blocker wouldn’t work for the Taiwanted ads because they are rendered as additional text. At the moment, you could switch the forum template you are using via your User Control Panel (UCP), but this will only be a temporary fix, since I plan to add Taiwanted and Forumosa ad zones to those templates at some point

Could you put them at the bottom of the page where they used to be under the old software? They were convenient yet unobtrusive. I think just the titles is enough to know if I want to click on it to find out more. There’s no need to quote the rest of the ad.