Viewing profiles: feedback

I love the new format of this feature. Would it be possible to include the change profile feature in our own profiles? It is difficult for many to find in the site map.

I notice when I clicked on my own profile underneath my post I can view the site map underneath. So wouldn’t something like ‘Alter Profile’ or ‘Edit Profile’ be a better title rather than ‘Profile’ since you can click on your own on the message board?

I agree wholeheartedly. I really like the new profiles. They’re pretty and informative. Although I think a counter needs to be enabled for each poster to keep track of how many posts they get Flamed or Floundered so some people could end up with “Most Active In: Flounder/Flame” :laughing:

Yeah, nice. :bravo:

I want to see the number of people who are ignoring the poster included. :wink: :notworthy:

It says I’m most active in the Open Forum with 63 posts. I counted my floundered/deleted posts one day and got almost 200!!! :slight_smile:

And what’s with those dirty details? Why is there nothing dirty about me?

…but a choice of only 3 favorite superheroes?..Really??
It’s quite obvious from my avatar who my fave hero is!
:pray: Oh pleeeeease, include Astroboy!

My profile keeps on changing. I don’t know why my .sig and other information keeps magically disappearing.

[quote=“Yellow Cartman”]My profile keeps on changing. I don’t know why my .sig and other information keeps magically disappearing.[/quote]Ditto to this and my password keeps getting invalidated.

Something amiss is afoot!

Do you mean it changes automatically?
Or does it change unexpectedly after you do something?

This will help me track down the problem

Do you mean it changes automatically?
Or does it change unexpectedly after you do something?

This will help me track down the problem[/quote]

Yes, it seems to disappear automatically. The only change I’ve done to it was to change my avatar. When that happened, all these disappearance things started to happen.

This is getting annoying.
All of my preferences keep dissappearing. My sig info dissappears. And log-in is a pain - Thankfully the “lost password” feature is speedy quick.

Is someone looking into this problem?

I’m on it. Let me talk to Gus. I’m having the same issues with sigs…

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]This is getting annoying.
All of my preferences keep dissappearing. My sig info dissappears. And log-in is a pain - Thankfully the “lost password” feature is speedy quick.

Is someone looking into this problem?[/quote]
Yeah, this is very annoying!
I’m looking into the problem

What preferences are you losing?

And you say you are being automatically kicked out? This hasn’t happened to me yet

g.

Do I still have my sig?

Yes!

Woooo hoooo

Now, how do I edit the dirty details?

[quote=“Goose Egg”]Yeah, this is very annoying!
And you say you are being automatically kicked out? This hasn’t happened to me yet[/quote]
Thanks.
No - not being kicked off. Just had a problem logging in - that seems to be working fine now.
Preferences appear to now be functional (fingers crossed)
Sig still not working - yes I verified that I ‘checked’ the attach sig selection.
Good luck!

Additional info:
Sig not working. Somehow the yes/no selection to attach the sig keeps mysteriously switiching to ‘no’ when I add material in my sig block and hit submit.

I hit submit and boom!, the bugger changes on me.

just a gremlin dorking around.

I noticed Roach had Dangermouse’s signature for one post a few days back. My own signature just up and went as did my location and details. Maybe someone else has also borrowed them?

I tried putting in a new signature last night but after hitting submit it didn’t show.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“Goose Egg”]Yeah, this is very annoying!
And you say you are being automatically kicked out? This hasn’t happened to me yet[/quote]
Thanks.
No - not being kicked off. Just had a problem logging in - that seems to be working fine now.
Sig still not working - yes I verified that I ‘checked’ the attach sig selection.
Good luck!

Additional info:
Sig not working. Somehow the yes/no selection to attach the sig keeps mysteriously switiching to ‘no’ when I add material in my sig block and hit submit.

I hit submit and boom!, the bugger changes on me.

just a gremlin dorking around.[/quote]
I haven’t made any changes to the posting page, so the problem with uncooperative switches isn’t there

I was futzing around with the profile pages - but that was a week ago, so it’s odd that things seem to be acting up this week.

I have some ideas for fixing the consistent signatures, I’m not giving up that easily. But your Preferences problem still leaves me confused - what preferences are you talking about? I’m glad they are working for you now, but I wish I knew what you are referring to!

I change my avatar the other day and you will notice that my sig, website, and contact info is all gone (I think my contact info is gone).

I’m assuming that when I changed my avatar, the other information wasn’t already autofilled in there, so when I hit update it all got deleted.

Yep, just checked. Loacation and everything gone. Just my avatar changed, the rest is ghost.

[quote=“Goose Egg”][quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“Goose Egg”]Yeah, this is very annoying!
Thanks.
Good luck!
Additional info:

just a gremlin dorking around.[/quote]I haven’t made any changes to the posting page, so the problem with uncooperative switches isn’t there
I was futzing around with the profile pages - but that was a week ago, so it’s odd that things seem to be acting up this week.
I have some ideas for fixing the consistent signatures, I’m not giving up that easily. But your Preferences problem still leaves me confused - what preferences are you talking about? I’m glad they are working for you now, but I wish I knew what you are referring to![/quote]GE -
on the “Update Profile Preferences” page, the ‘yes/no’ buttons/choices for showing email address and attaching sig info will not stay chosen in the YES position. When the submit button is punched they are switching back to the ‘NO’ position.
I have info in the sig block and because of this it will not appear. Same for my email addy. Hope this helps.