Viewing profiles: feedback

This should go somewhere else but I can presently only read own posts 24 and new posts so I’m incapable of starting a new thread.

I currently see xml error: junk after document on line 2" on my log-in page.

Now I’m logged in, I can see the site map but unlogged in I’m near blind.

I feel bad putting this on a thread with postive feedback in the title.

I get the same when going to the Forum Index when logged in. Logged out, it’s fine. I can jump to individual fora directly with the site map, and the search, new, 24, and own all work fine.

I change my avatar the other day and you will notice that my sig, website, and contact info is all gone (I think my contact info is gone).

I’m assuming that when I changed my avatar, the other information wasn’t already autofilled in there, so when I hit update it all got deleted.

Yep, just checked. Loacation and everything gone. Just my avatar changed, the rest is ghost.[/quote]

Yes, this is what happened to me too. I just re-entered a bunch of stuff in my profile details and my .sig, clicked submit and magically, nothing appeared.

OK, more troubleshooting info.

If I unclick the auto insert .sig, it seems ok. My profile updates are there (includes website address, interests, .sig info etc). When I post, I just click on “Attach Signature” option.

The minute I click on auto insert .sig in my profile options, it makes all my profile information disappear.

I hope that helps you find the fix soon.

Another piece of information.

When I click on auto insert .sig, it also changes the options regarding showing email and online presence. It changes it to “NO” email and show online presence , even though I had it set to show email and do not show online presence.

All my hobbies, interests and signature disappeared. I retyped it all a day or two ago and it’s gone again.

Then yesterday, suddenly all Maoman’s posts ended up IGNORED. I thought perhaps I had accidentally hit the ignore button on him, so I went to my Ignore list, and he wasn’t listed amidsts the trogs, so I couldn’t remove him from the list.

Weird.

Folks

Thank you for the feedback - it helps.

I’ll look into making sure the Profile variables (preferences) are stored no matter which of the two Profile forms you use.

This is very strange. First, because Maoman is an Admin, and Admins and Moderators cannot be added to Ignore Lists. Please confirm that you see an Ignored Spot where Maoman’s posts are concerned (btw, off-topic, what do you think if the Ignore Spot had ads - banners or Forumosafieds? - just wondering)

I think it’s somethink like if you change an option on one page, the options on the other page get reset too, might need more testing to confirm. Check the code for the “Submit” button and make sure it’s only setting the options for one page.

I was aware Admins can’t be ignored. And his name is not on my ignore list (I checked, but prefer not to post my ignore list here so as not to offend anyone). But Maoman’s posts DO show up as ignored, in the topic summary view (although upon opening the thread, they no longer appear as ignored):

It would be nice, actually, to be able to ignore posts and PMs from posters who are very rude, but who happen to be mods; I’ve encountered this situation three times in my 1.5 years here. I wonder if mods could be given a separate mod handle they would use when acting with the mod hat on, either a completely diff one, or one using their name plus a suffix like BobMOD. That way we could ignore their regular postings, but not their postings AS mod.

That’s an interesting notion. To the extent that the ads are attractive or neutral, it would be ok by me. But I’d prefer a graphic of someone with tape over their mouth or a bag over their head. Much more satisfying, from an immature emotional stance ! :slight_smile:

I was aware Admins can’t be ignored. And his name is not on my ignore list (I checked, but prefer not to post my ignore list here so as not to offend anyone). But Maoman’s posts DO show up as ignored, in the topic summary view (although upon opening the thread, they no longer appear as ignored):
[/quote]
Consider yourself blessed. My posts aren’t that pithy anyway… :laughing:

jds

no sig

whyohwhy??

Basically, if you don’t like something about the site, you just need to wait. It’s bound to change in another day or so.

[quote=“Dragonbones”]
It would be nice, actually, to be able to ignore posts and PMs from posters who are very rude, but who happen to be mods; I’ve encountered this situation three times in my 1.5 years here. I wonder if mods could be given a separate mod handle they would use when acting with the mod hat on, either a completely diff one, or one using their name plus a suffix like BobMOD. That way we could ignore their regular postings, but not their postings AS mod. [/quote]… especially annoying if they are a mod of some backwater forum you never even enter!

<-- in the same boat

And Mr. He’s new signature???

Gone, and i even changed it to:

[color=red]Crunchy pubes.[/color]

Get it back, or my life will have no meaning.

Edit:

My msn messenger, Y messenger, and web site has gone missing too…

:help: :help: :help:

DB always the lucky one…

How do I add my favorite superhero? All this changes are confusing me. Frost doesn’t like to be confused.

[quote=“Frost”]DB always the lucky one…
[/quote]

Oh muh gawsh, I’m the only person on Forumosa with the POWER to ignore an admin! This is so cool! Here go the mods, BYE 914, bye Frost, bbbwah haahhh haahhh… :raspberry:

[quote=“Dragonbones”]
It would be nice, actually, to be able to ignore posts and PMs from posters who are very rude, but who happen to be mods; I’ve encountered this situation three times in my 1.5 years here. I wonder if mods could be given a separate mod handle they would use when acting with the mod hat on, either a completely diff one, or one using their name plus a suffix like BobMOD. That way we could ignore their regular postings, but not their postings AS mod. [/quote] I third this.

Weird, I have a signature in a post over in Arts and Entertainment but not here.

Woops, after posting I realise that I should have edited my last post to contain this message. Sorry about that.

You could also try suggesting a change or improvement. I don’t like waiting

[quote=“Matchstick_man”]Weird, I have a signature in a post over in Arts and Entertainment but not here.

Woops, after posting I realise that I should have edited my last post to contain this message. Sorry about that.[/quote]
This might be because in the post where you have a signature, it was set to appear in the posting page.