Violent protestors storm US capitol building

:nauseated_face:

2 Likes

:face_vomiting:

2 Likes
1 Like

I think you are wrong. Like many of our judges, the military, especially those that are or have been at the top, are most often patriots who try to do the right thing and are incorruptible. And they tend to abhor those who donā€™t hold similar values. To be sure, I would submit that this is why Trump is not very popular with military folks.

ā€œYou develop an instant global consciousness, a people orientation, an intense dissatisfaction with the state of the world, and a compulsion to do something about it. From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ā€˜Look at that, you son of a bitch.ā€

ā€• Edgar Mitchell (former United States Navy officer and aviator, test pilot, aeronautical engineer, ufologist and NASA astronaut)

I believe most get to the top for a reason and it is because they tick boxes favorable to the system.
I wish this one was still around:
Maj Gen Smedley Butler.
I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.ā€

I agree. And would like to add also that some do things, because they want different things

I really enjoyed reading that. In the end, Major Butler came clean. Not only did he come clean, he wrote books about it, went on speaking tours, criticized politicians, etc. In fact, it seems his outspokenness lost him a chance at a great promotion toward the end of his career. I think this supports my position that:

I wonder how Trumpā€™s memoirs will read? They will be classless like the man. Nothing like what the Major did.

1 Like

has he hired someone to write them yet?

1 Like

Iā€™ll sum things up like this:

ā€œYou can fool some people some times but you canā€™t fool all the people all the timeā€

ā€• Bob Marley

1 Like

Sounds like a plan.

you prefer the term insurrectionist? ā€œmeaningfulā€ doing a lot of work here. they were straight up let in to the capitol building. cops taking photos with them. and there were 6 requests for national guard support to be brought in, denied each time. i agree with you about them being idiots.

you seemed to miss where i wrote ā€˜attemptedā€™ and ā€˜softā€™ coup. but, go off sis.

you donā€™t think that mf would do that if he could? also, part of the military does back him, heā€™s called for the arrest of many of his political opponents, including biden, etc.

in a bizarre twist of fate, the only thing that saved this is the sheer incompetence and idiocy of those carrying it out and their delusional leader.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Twitter Bans Donald Trump

He canā€™t. And thatā€™s why this wasnā€™t a coup. Your comment is an insult to all the good despots who have actually attempted coups, sis.

1 Like

Letā€™s just all come together and agree that it was serious felonious behavior, at best, for everyone who crossed the property line.

And in some cases it was clear terrorist intent, premeditation with zip ties, and literally constructing gallows (not a prop), and literally shouting out violent incitement. And then people who were literally violent, naturally.

1 Like

again, youā€™re responding to what you want to, not to what i said. i said it was a soft coup attempt. if the powerful wanted a real coup they could make it happen like they have all over the global south. but, weā€™re not there yet.

This bank will take over ŠœŠ¾ŃŠŗŠ¾Š²ŃŠŗŠøŠ¹ ŠŗрŠµŠ“ŠøтŠ½Ń‹Š¹ Š±Š°Š½Šŗ

1 Like

I think Trump supporters are perfectly capable of launching terror attacks by themselves- they certainly claim they can.

1 Like