Violent protestors storm US capitol building

Eh you missed a couple of weeks of messy distribution due to political interference and his lies regarding the role of protect warp speed or whatever it was named. There are plenty of doctors still in need.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, he did not miss it. He enjoyed the ride for the last 4 years all too much.

A couple of weeks of confusion…in a global pandemic…and the result was not one but several viable vaccines…

BTW, do you think that the current political attack dog politics we have had for the last four years has had anything at all to do with the negative perception of Trump?

And I missed nothing. I live in NY lady. It’s been an absolute mess. Cuomo.

America pretty much had one of the worse response to the pandemic. The beginning of the vaccination campaign is a sham because of logistic. Trump can take some credit for some of the vaccine research financing (but not more that other governments abroad), but not for all of the vaccines, and not for the first one that went out.

That the truth…

German government put a lot of money in these companies beforehand.
Also, the scientists developing this vaccine are in Germany.
I really hate the idea that this asshole clown is taking any credit for it. It hurts my little German pride that’s left.

3 Likes

You actually believe that Trump had a hand in catalyzing (not hindering) vaccine development in the US? While the initial efforts began to develop one, he was busy denying the existence of the virus. Were you in a coma during this stretch of time? Please explain this.

I cannot imagine how you were before you (supposedly) started reading so many books, seeing how painfully ignorant you are currently.
I would be fascinated to hear your take on the logistical shitshow that was/is Operation Warp Speed, and better yet, see you dance around the fact that even the head of the operation has already called it a failure.

Did you also conveniently forget that Trump and his cronies bought up PPE and had states go into bidding wars for it? How federal officials deliberately ignored the repeated warnings by multiple states that there were critical mask shortages? This was a feature, not a glitch. There is so much blood on the hands of Trump and crew, but you won’t be able to deduce that from whatever sycophantic media sources you obviously consume.

Orange Kool-Aid is a hell of a drug.

4 Likes

Back on topic. The issue with Congress people actually being a danger to their colleagues.

So they disrespect safety measures that are found across schools, ports, bus stations, banks, the works. But then we know how they feel about masks. Yet, why would they be so adamant about this?

And they call for peace and unity…when a few not so good if them are suspicious of aiding the mob to enter… or worse.

This stinks.

So one wonders what awful things are in store yet.

2 Likes

Wow, I had no idea that Congresswoman Boebert did that. She certainly deserves to be in hot water for that action. I also read article below while looking at Drudge today. I really hope that all of these seditious actors are punished, but I also fear there are so many guilty, that it will be inevitable that at least some will slip through the cracks…

Clothes make the fringe.

Not so harmless after all.

When the Ku Klux Klan started in the mid-1860s, Klansmen did not wear the white hoods and robes we imagine them in now. They had no uniform. As historian Elaine Frantz explains in her essay “Midnight Rangers: Costume and Performance in the Reconstruction-Era Ku Klux Klan,” the early Klansmen wore something far more similar to the hodgepodge we saw on display at the Capitol last week: animal horns, fur, fake beards, homemade costumes that drew on traditions of carnival or Mardi Gras, masks, pointy hats, polka dots. For Frantz, who also wrote a book about the birth of the KKK, the parallels between the appearance of 19th century Klansmen and the Jan. 6 rioters were impossible to ignore.

wtf am I reading

1 Like

“We spend $750 billion annually on ‘defense’ and the center of American government fell in two hours to the duck dynasty and the guy in the Chewbacca bikini”

I like this quote. It is truly bizarre that the US government was unable to defend itself against its own people. Except of course it isn’t, since there was no real defense.

Still they got the National Guard sleeping on the floor up there right now, guns at their sides. Ain’t gonna happen again.

3 Likes

I took that picture a few month ago because it came with the remark NAZI symbol.
It’s being use in Germany by NAZIs.

Nothing fell. The Capitol riot was an embarrassing shit show to be sure, and definitely demands some changes, but the US shouldn’t go Tiananmen on its own people, even those who are part of a small, loathsome segment of loons. That’s something Trump disturbingly seemed eager to see when people protested and rioted against him.

1 Like

Something to that, but I’d want to know more about the guy.

Tiananmen involved army, tanks, and live firearms, here only the rule of law is being applied. You can be lenient on sentencing, not on indiction.

Under the hood, no pun intended, there have been murmurs for a couple days about Republican officials conspiring to actually aid the coup attempt, beyond winking and nodding.

Now we hear they may have ‘toured’ some people the day before as a kind of recon, and removed panic buttons.

Panic buttons installed in Ayanna Pressley’s congressional office were torn out before rioters stormed the Capitol last week, her staff have said.

Sarah Groh, who serves as Ms Pressley’s chief of staff, was with the congresswoman when president Donald Trump’s supporters stormed the US Capitol building last Wednesday.

She told the Boston Globe that she had reached for the panic buttons installed in Ms Pressley’s office as they tried to barricade themselves in.

But, when they went to press panic buttons, Ms Pressley’s staff saw that they weren’t there, and appeared to have been ripped out.

“Every panic button in my office had been torn out - the whole unit,” Ms Groh told the paper.

I had no clue it was related, when I saw a guy in a MAGA crowd dressed like a viking, he seemed to blend right in.

I feel it’s possible his thought process was, I may be committing a felony, and please everyone look at me, but if something goes south I have plausible deniability armed with cosplay defense. :joy:

Sounds like a strong opinion.

Didn’t you know that Vikings were just pre-Nazis in the Post Modern World?