Violent protestors storm US capitol building

I heard what you said, your indifference speaks volumes. Again, the USA is losing any moral ground to lecture countries like China and Russia on how to treat opposition to their regime, this kind of treatment is more in line with what you would expect to see in Iran or North Korea.

How hard is it not to commit treason? Americans of all political walks of life manage. Epstien and Matt Gaetz. should we be concerned for their well being in jail? Certain crimes. you know what you’re getting into.

How do Russia and China treat armed insurrectionists against the state? let’s compare apples to apples please.

No one is being charged with treason or for that matter insurrection, more like most of them wondered around like tourists who were waved in.

“It is in the nature of the human being to seek a justification for his actions.”
― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

If we just shot like ONE of these guys in the back of the masked head, it probably wouldn’t happen again. maybe like in a baseball stadium during the 7th inning stretch…on the mound…maybe the AllStar Game.

I’d watch. :popcorn:

Sure, just tourists that happened to be wearing Dukes of Hazard confederate gear and nazi regalia right after the poor man’s Mussolini went on stage. Coincidence surely.

Aren’t the right wingers all about personal responsibility? Bootsraps? Can’t do the crime don’t do the time? If it was ‘Antifa terrorists’ you wouldn’t be concerned with their rights. Were you concerned with the rights of the demonstrators that admin shot tear gas at in front of the White House?

Again, if these people did similar things in China or Russia they would get disappeared quick, let’s not kid ourselves.

You assume too much, of course I would be outright appalled and would emphatically denounce targeted harassment by prison guards who systematically target a particular group for beatings.

Such behavior is abhorrent. It’s the opposite of a civilized society, the fact you think I wouldn’t be concerned just shows your own bias and you think I have the same standards as you but for different groups. I absolutely do not.

That you try to justify this in any way shape or form is I hope is illuminating to our casual reader.

Dear casual reader: Traitors to state generally face rough situations in prison. It’s best not to commit treason and think ahead about the consequences of doing things like attacking the US Capitol in the name of a failed dictator.

Regards,

McNulty.

I’m actually quite appalled at the British and their handling of Assange and their attempts to resolve his imprisonment in a timely fashion. So not just the US.

Your loaded language reeks of bias. “failed dictator” what rubbish, what kind of dictator has the entire media on his ass 24/7 every day for years.

The media ramped up their disgust for him to such an extent that Democrats now see his supporters as the number one threat in the world. Not North Korea, or China, or Global Warming, or wealth disparity or universal health care or immigration or a whole host of other issues. Their political opposition in their own country is their biggest fear, because the media hyped it so.

That’s how dysfunctional the US has become and the rest of the world knows it which is why China just laughed in your face and told you so.

What president gets covered heavily by media? All of them. Every single one of them.

I’m pretty sure everyone except US right wingers would agree with this.

Trump made all of these issues worse, among others. That’s why the news reported about it. Imagine the news reporting what’s happening.

More media blaming. Repeating it doesn’t make it so.

I think the world has been laughing and in disbelief at the US and its choices since Feb 2016. Who can blame them?

Even @mups has had the good sense to bow out of this one, no civilized country takes its political opponents for targeted beatings, to the point of fractured skulls and detached retina’s leading to blindness.

Yet you are trying to justify it by overstating the crimes and blithely making statements like “if you can’t do the crime don’t do the crime”.

“Unlimited power in the hands of limited people always leads to cruelty.”
― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

The Washington DC establishment is that limited people.

I haven’t overstated any crimes, or justified anyone’s actions. Quote me in full saying that if you feel otherwise. Trump supporters aren’t to be taken seriously objecting to state sanctioned violence, not now not ever.

Cheers.

1 Like

Not by you it seems but the rest of the world is watching and learning.

What are you blathering on about now?

Another sign you might not want to believe this stuff, it’s being covered by Tucker Carlson, who said in court his viewers can’t expect facts from his show. :sweat_smile:

Also, what is Tucker’s stance on guantanamo, you know that place where suspects have been imprisoned for decades (er, more than a decade) without even charges? See, I keep an eye on consistency, the stuff he chooses to focus on, and not, well he’s not consistent.

1 Like

One’s own bias is not easily acknowledged. I think one’s not smart enough.

JDSmith: “One’s own bias is not easily acknowledged. I think one’s not smart enough.”

And I think you’re not in a position to talk about smarts given your obviously failed judgement when it comes to politics. So let’s stick to the topic.

1 Like

More accurately, Trump is a failed wannabe dictator, who never got what he wanted, including imprisoning media.

1 Like

Politics is opinion. Any knucklehead on the street knows that. Maybe you haven’t caught up to the times…still gawking at a cell phone prolly.

Came out and faced a hostile press everyday, unlike a certain brain dead resident of the White House I could name but probably doesn’t deserve to be there anyway.

You really do need to get that oil checked.

1 Like

How many EOs has Biden signed?

How many to address what Trump signed?

Why the difference? Oh right, he’s a King. King Joe. King of Big Spendy Government and Earl of Personal Privacy. Trump was just in it for himself as a dictator. Joe’s in it for us all.